Hello Everybody

Deantwerpen

Hello Everybody

Post by Deantwerpen » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:36 pm

Hello, my name is Micke and I am glad to join this forum.

To introduce myself, although I am seventy years of age, I consider myself to be quite Computer literate and am a user of CNC Laser Cutting machinery and designing .dxf files.

The software I have chosen to use is Simplify 3D.

The first 3D printer I bought was a CTC brand, which burst into flames on it's first use.

I researched the market and decided upon the Geeetech Delta Rostock mini G2S Pro 3D Printer kit.

First reactions?

Well I asked the supplier if it was the full metal kit and was assured that it was, so I ordered. Problem is that upon receipt I found that the linear bearing housings are plastic, even though the image on the seller's website shows them as metal, as doe the Geeetech website and even on the front cover of the printer parts list included with the kit.

So, I am not impressed. Has anybody else had the same problem and if so, what did they do to resolve it?

Nobody seems to be able to be contacted. I've sent a message to Geeetech Technical.

Beste

Micke

Mark

Re: Hello Everybody

Post by Mark » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:20 pm

The bearings are upgraded to the PCS8UU, made by ABS. It will reduce the weight on the carriage so can increase the printing speed.

christspringer271

Re: Hello Everybody

Post by christspringer271 » Sat May 21, 2016 4:39 pm

Have you contacted their tech already? Try reaching them thru their social media. Maybe they're more active there than here.