Power supply fan extremely noisy

ashleyfarncombe@btinternet.com

Power supply fan extremely noisy

Post by ashleyfarncombe@btinternet.com » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:19 pm

I have just bought a Double Heads Reprap 3D Printer Prusa I3 and the fan in the power supply is very noisy and even worse when it is being used. The power supply needs to be replaced or i can swap over the internal fan if you sent that. The Order Number: 67799702262444

zhangxueyou

Re: Power supply fan extremely noisy

Post by zhangxueyou » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:18 am

Usually, it's normal that there is a noise from the PSU, and when you are heating the bed or extruder, it will be louder.
So I don't know how noisy the PSU you got is, it's hard to tell how is the PSU with only your description, could you please take a video.

ashleyfarncombe@btinternet.com

Post by ashleyfarncombe@btinternet.com » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:39 pm

Also the Board is not saving any settings. The temperature settings once adjusted return to 0deg always. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ih4m ... sp=sharing

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:56 am

You can use the PSU safely, it is normal that the there is noise from fan.
I notice that the LCD displaying "MIN TEMP ERROR", that's because extruder thermistor is not well connect, please make sure it's plugged well. If the LCD displays something like "TEMP ERROR", you can not heat up anything.

RJack

Post by RJack » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:24 pm

I recently bought the Double head model also and my power supply is also very noisy. Initially the Fan was noisy sounding like the blade was hitting something. Eventually that stopped. Now the PS makes a whining noise that varies in loudness depending on what the printer is doing... heating up, connecting to the PC or just running. Everything appears to be working correctly with the exception of the 2nd extruder which I have not been able to get working yet.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:44 pm

RJack wrote:I recently bought the Double head model also and my power supply is also very noisy. Initially the Fan was noisy sounding like the blade was hitting something. Eventually that stopped. Now the PS makes a whining noise that varies in loudness depending on what the printer is doing... heating up, connecting to the PC or just running. Everything appears to be working correctly with the exception of the 2nd extruder which I have not been able to get working yet.
hi,if you want to use 2nd extruder,you should set up sth via repetier host.
link: http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _extruders