Easy Print has a lot of potential

davegalesr

Easy Print has a lot of potential

Post by davegalesr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:21 am

I have only been playing with this for a few hours, and sure - it has some bugs to be worked out, but it is giving me better prints than I have been getting with Cura and Slic3r in Repetier. I am sure the not as good prints are due in large part to my slicer settings, but the out of the box settings in Easy Print are working well. I am looking forward to the next release and if it fixes the bugs I have seen so far, it will be the only platform to drive my Geeetech Rostock 301. I figure that Geeetech should be the most capable of taking advantage of the machine(s) they provide.

Keep the momentum going on this software.

rita

Re: Easy Print has a lot of potential

Post by rita » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:10 am

you can use the easy print for your rostock 301?

davegalesr

Post by davegalesr » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Yes - it drives my Rostock 301 just fine.

rotormansa

Post by rotormansa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:51 pm

The software still needs a lot of work. Window sizing is really messed up with many window control buttons not showing up because the window wasn't sized correctly when drawn. It looks like the program still uses Slic3r so aside from having specific slic3r settings preconfigured for the printer, what is different from Repetier? I'll stick with Repetier for now.

davegalesr

Post by davegalesr » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:13 pm

I am actually using both Repetier and Easy Print at this time. I am not seeing the missing buttons issue at 1.0.03 on my Windows 10 laptop. The prints seem to run smoother with Easy Print and the end result is better quality. I have also used Cura standalone to drive the Rostock and it does a good job too.

The biggest gripe I have with Easy Print is the end G-code which "crashes" the print head at the end of the job so I make sure I am at the printer when the job ends to stop the crash.

rotormansa

Post by rotormansa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:21 pm

I am running on win7 64 bit with three monitors. In fairness to the authors of the program, testing with multiple monitors is something most application authors fail to test for. I've been told the problem exists due to using old or I incorrect display libraries when compiling the code.

Crashing the nozzle into the material would be a show stopper. I think I've got Repetier tweaked pretty well and really see no big advantage moving to this program.. Perhaps when the bugs are worked out I'll give another look.

davegalesr

Post by davegalesr » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:42 pm

It actually doesn't crash into the materials. It gets hung up on the x-axis (at least on my machine) and makes a loud continuous noise until I do an emergency stop. The print is not affected. Still annoying and definitely not good for the printer.

juanpy666

Post by juanpy666 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:29 am

davegalesr wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:13 pm
I am actually using both Repetier and Easy Print at this time. I am not seeing the missing buttons issue at 1.0.03 on my Windows 10 laptop. The prints seem to run smoother with Easy Print and the end result is better quality. I have also used Cura standalone to drive the Rostock and it does a good job too.

The biggest gripe I have with Easy Print is the end G-code which "crashes" the print head at the end of the job so I make sure I am at the printer when the job ends to stop the crash.
hola esto mismo me pasa a mi no entiendo por que termina de imprimir y se golpea contra el eje x y encima no puedo cargar el gcode manualmente como es que lanzan un programa de impresión y no verifican y revisan estas cosas-
si alguien me puede ayudar con alguna sugerencia ya que la impresora funciona mas suave con easyprint y repitierhost no lo he podido configurar de manera adecuada