Newly assembled with some mmm issues

Mick_geeetechi3

Newly assembled with some mmm issues

Post by Mick_geeetechi3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:30 am

Hi, I just assembled my aluminium Prusa i3 clone and had some issues upfront and would love some assistance.
1. Bed home locs. The bed homes off the plate defaulting to about 10mm away from the home corner. In x and y axis.
2. X axis movement is about 3x as far as it should be I think by steps. I have a 20x20 plate, and it seems ok on the y axis, but on the x when moving by 10mm increments it crashes into the far side at 60mm, or 6 clicks. Noting the extremity of this, I wasn't convinced it was just a calibration issue. Thoughts?
UPDATE: THE PCB was missing a jumper and therefore changed the step configuration of the driver - FIXED.
3. LCD screen. This boots ok, but sometimes i lose the visual feed altogether, and other times in displays gibberish that looks like wingdings font.
UPDATE - REPLACED. OCCASIONAL NOW.
4. Card reader on lcd back is not picking up a card. Tried 3 different ones. No joy. Need to Replace?
REPLACED - FIXED.
5. Z axis issues. The z stepper were clicking/jamming on upwards motion especially. Checked levels, adjusted angles, loosened top brackets and brass nuts, filed out top bracket holes and lubricated to limited success. Cranked the potentiometer on the z stepper and it's working with everything loosened, but worried I might cause issues long term. Replace lead screws and rods?
The rest I worked out but some of these stumped me. Have not done firmware stuff before so a little lost with that but assuming that may be the only way to resolve some of these issues.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Mick
Last edited by Mick_geeetechi3 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: Newly assembled with some mmm issues

Post by William » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:40 am

Hi, You can 1. Check if the belt tightness is installed properly;
             2. Reconnect the lcd cable. If the contact is bad, the screen will be garbled.
            3. If you do not have an sd card, you can contact your sales staff;
            4. You can check if the lead screw of the z-axis is bent and the left and right threads are consistent. If it is inconsistent, it may cause the situation of mobile card issuance.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Mick_geeetechi3

Post by Mick_geeetechi3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:53 am

Thanks for that. Tried to reconnect the LCD but still having the same issue. I have the SD card, but the reader on the back of the LCD is not identifying it. I have tried 3 different ones. Is the LCD module the issue or is it worth trying to resolder the reader or.similar

Mick_geeetechi3

Post by Mick_geeetechi3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:05 pm

I also ran a 50mm extruder calibration test and only ran 30mm. Is this an indicator that all of my step calibrations in my factory set firmware might be off? (Coupled with the x step issue I mean)

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi, you can try to press the sd card slot to see if you want to read the information.And you can refer to this:https://mattshub.com/2017/04/19/extruder-calibration/

Mick_geeetechi3

Post by Mick_geeetechi3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by press the sd card. I have put 3 different ones in, is it a matter of applying force to see if the connections are loose?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:52 pm

Hi, Mick just want to determine if your card slot is loose or not, so you can't read the sd card.

Mick_geeetechi3

Post by Mick_geeetechi3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:14 pm

Have pushed laterally in direction of card and against the board but no change to "No sd card message"

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi, If you still can't read it, you can contact your sales.

Mick_geeetechi3

Post by Mick_geeetechi3 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:32 am

Will do thanks. Any ideas or suggestions as to why the movement values are so extreme compared to the inputted values? Ie. I directed a 60mm move and it hit the far right side from home or around 200mm plus. I saw elsewhere on forums for other machines that some stepper motors have occasionally been sent out that are either 1/32 for 1/16 or vice versa, could this be it?