Layer Shifting When Printing Copies Of A Model

Joma89

Layer Shifting When Printing Copies Of A Model

Post by Joma89 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:47 am

Hello there,

My problem is that when I try to print multiple copies of one single model in one go I get layer shifts all the time.
What I mean by copies is, right now I want to print a spool holder for my wires. I want to print as many spools at once as possible.
So I take the model, open it in say tinkercad, copy it three times, so I can print four spools at once instead of only one.
The thing is I get layer shifts every time I do it like this. When I print the exact same model one at a time, nothing bad happens.
And these are no minor shifts either. It prints ok for maybe 50 layers and then suddenly I get a shift of roughly 1cm to the side.

I already tried the copying process in tinkercad, cura and windows 3D Builder and I slice in cura 3.5.1.

My printer is a Geeetech I3 X wich I have slightly modified with new z-axis holder plates, the ones at the top and an air funnel to the print head.
The firmware is only modified to offset my home position, so the printer prints in the middle of the printbed and I changed the steps for the extruder-motor so it extrudes the right amount of filament.

I'm only printing PLA with temps at 205C for the extruder and 60C for the bed.

And as I said, I have no problems with printing, unless I try to copy a model multiple times, that's the only instance it happens.

I hope someone here can help.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Layer Shifting When Printing Copies Of A Model

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:

You can also try to slightly decrease the print speed, and adjust the stepstick module for this engine to increase the current of the engine.
;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.