GT2560 Board Rev A +

jimr9214

GT2560 Board Rev A +

Post by jimr9214 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:04 am

I am still trying to sort out this new board.
What version of software should I use as nothing other than an early version of Marlin will verify. But no LCD screen data shows up.
I had a problem with the original board and purchased a new GT2560 Rev A+. I am only using 1 print head and no auto leving.
I have 3 Geeetech printers and contacted Geeetech direct by contact email but had no answer to date. getting desperate.
Can someone help please. Clear steps are needed as I am NOT a computer guy.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jim

William
Site Admin

Re: GT2560 Board Rev A +

Post by William » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:13 pm

I can help you if you can provide a video or some pictures about your board issue.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Ikn369330

Post by Ikn369330 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:39 pm

hi there, I had to grind off the plastic stops and turn them 180 degrees around to work, when you plug them in with the slot fitting they done work, remove the stop and turn it around and it works, or at least it did for me

RadioRon

Post by RadioRon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:53 am

I had to turn the connectors aswell, the display now works, but has a constant beep. Also menu navigation works ( and temp reading) but: NO stepper movement.

Advice anyone ??

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:21 am

Maybe you should reset your printer or upload the firmware.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17046

A_Camera

Post by A_Camera » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Jim,

I don't know which type/model of printers you have, but I have an acrylic I3 Pro B with a GT2560 Rev A+ and the 2004 LCD. I am using the latest Marlin release, and actually have no issues at all. It compiles in the last Arduino, which has some clearly noticeable advantages over the previous one. Here is how to do it:

Download and install the last Arduino, which is the version 1.8.5 right now. There is also a stand alone release which does not need to be installed. Chose whichever you prefer.

Download and unzip the latest Marlin release. Remember that it must be placed in a folder named Marlin.

Click on the Marlin.ino file to start the Arduino editor with the latest Marlin, or open it from Arduino.

Click on the Configuration.h file so you can edit it.
Search for the board definition and replace the board name with your board, for example:

#define MOTHERBOARD ULTIMAKER

Find the part which deals with the controller (LCD panel) and change accordingly, for example:

#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER

Compile and see that it compiles without errors, which is the case if you have not changed anything else in the file. Upload to your board. If you still have problems you should check the Marlin folder. There is an example configuration folder for Geeetech, replace the Configuration.h file with the one and try, if it doesn't work try the other one.

Post some pictures or list your printer types, otherwise it is difficult to help. Anyway, what is most probably wrong with your LCD is that it is not correctly selected and defined in the Configuration.h file. Good luck.

A_Camera

Post by A_Camera » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:56 pm

William,

The information there is a bit outdated. It says somewhere that you must use an old version of Arduino. This is incorrect. the latest Arduino 1.8.5 and the last Marlin version can be used without any issues but the Configuration.h file must be the right one, or must be adopted to the printer.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:38 pm

A_Camera wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:56 pm
William,

The information there is a bit outdated. It says somewhere that you must use an old version of Arduino. This is incorrect. the latest Arduino 1.8.5 and the last Marlin version can be used without any issues but the Configuration.h file must be the right one, or must be adopted to the printer.
Thank you for your suggestion!

JustinSB

Post by JustinSB » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:23 am

Hi, I'm using the latest Arduino IDE version 1.8.5 - which has changed the interface quite a lot from 1.0.1 & the Tools Menu -> Board now loads up the Boards Manager interface, which gives loads of options, none of which match the old choice of "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK". Which option should I choose for my Prusa I3 Pro W, which has a standard GT2560 board?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:25 am

I3 pro W firmware is the older version of the IDE to compile, so I suggest you use 1.0.1 uploading, high version of the IDE uploading older version firmware maybe failed.