who has a 3D or BL touch working?

daveapplemotors

who has a 3D or BL touch working?

Post by daveapplemotors » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:04 pm

After months I still must print in NO-ABL mode. I should have bought a Lulzbot--less time fooling around a more time printing would be more fun and cost effective.

I have asked a few times for some files that will work on my Geeetech Prusa i3 A pro. I have tried the pro X and pro B files that are posted (with approprialte mods) and have tried a couple of different RC bug fix branches but have not seen my 3D touch sensor deploy when the printhead descends to the bed. I have used the Google+ forum, the Facebook forum and Youtube videos with no success. I have checked my wiring many times: s10, s90, s120 and s160 all respond.

I have asked this forum a few times "what makes the probe deploy" when it goes down to the printbed. No repiies! Amazing!

When will Geeetech, William or Mark actually make Bltouch or 3Dtouch work on a machine exactly like mine????

Is Geeetech capable of helping? Please post some files that make a Geeetech Prusa i3 A pro work with a touch sensor?

mannymiller

Re: who has a 3D or BL touch working?

Post by mannymiller » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:48 am

Hi,

I am suffering the same as you. I have it properly installed it ( correct height ) i have uploaded numerous firmwares and managed to get it to work. all the tests pass without a problem. it goes throught the process of leveling. but when it goes to
print its too high from the bed. I have set the z-level correctly and when given the command it levels to the correct height, but when it prints it does not use the z offset. i have spent all day trying every trying to get it to work and have now given
up. What makes it worse is there seems to be pages and pages of people trying to get it to work., and the guys that have it working report back a few days later with problems. i will not be buying another geeetech product again.

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:43 am

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18263&start=180

read posts on page 19. they may help.

mannymiller

Post by mannymiller » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:08 am

Thanks for the direction. i dont think there has not been a page i havent read firmware ive tried, or setting. i have also been on numerous other sites covering the bl touch too. giving this sensor an hour is sufficient, which with proper instruction and code should be quite simple. 9 hours wasted with very poor documentation., and lots of guess work - i wont be installing this again., as it met a fatal ending under a hammer. best 5 minutes and £20 spent in ages.