My feedback on M201 printer after 3 weeks

elocm

Re: My feedback on M201 printer after 3 weeks

Post by elocm » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:05 pm

z-wobbling : I had similar issues. The minimal bending of the threaded road and maybe a collision to the upper fan of the extruder is the issue. Just to be clear the Z-Coupler must be assembled in the way it can compensate misalignment. Does mean the threaded rod mustn't touch the Motor- Z-axis. 5mm horizontal distance must be default.

Additionally you have to be careful with the fixture of the road. Also here you can create worst case 0.3mm misalignment (or compensate :D )

ball bearings : Please check my assembly suggestion for the Y-axis ball bearing. Some additional washer ad a distance part really helps. I ruined my first bearing also and was wondering of Y-axis wobbling and missalignment...

A4988 drivers : The X-axis worked fine for me. Same for the Y-axis until I killed my bearings on the other side. Took me days to find you where the extra enormous forces would come from. Please check also your X-bearings. Maybe same problem.

X axis endstop : Agree. Thex changed the end-stops and now everything is 3mm to far away. Have problems with x,y, and Z and helped myself by some modifications.

firmware : Same issues (all of them). Really crap and the bad thing there is no source code to fix it. This is really pain in the ass.

stado65

Post by stado65 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Firmware 1.0.4 installed
No visible improvements : still the same communication issues (each line needs to be resent), no access to SD Card from Octoprint... :cry:

stado65

Post by stado65 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:49 pm

@elocm

I almost completely solved the z-wobbling issue by replacing the metal couplers with printed ones (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1264447). The threaded rods are a bit bent but the main problem was the poor quality of the metal couplers (8mm and 5mm holes were misaligned).

I replaced all the ball bearings (X & Y axis) with new ones and it works perfectly now. Moreover, filling-up the LM8LUU with lithium grease dramatically reduced their noise.
I also ordered a second heater cartridge for the hot end as it has difficulties to reach and maintain the temperature needed for ABS (cannot go above 235~240°).

Regarding the firmware, I ordered a RAMPS board and I will try to use it on the M201 with dual-extruder capable firmware.

Finally, I am printing parts for building a delta printer (Kossel mini) and a MP CNC :-)

NicoFR

Post by NicoFR » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Same error on my side on big prints :(

As soon as the gcode exceeds 1M of line, I'm still getting the same error in loop:
Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line : 1000001

Can you please give us feedback on this issue ?

panzo

Post by panzo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:49 pm

which is the correct voltage for A4988 Z axis?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 am

0.8v-1.2v is appropriate. And you can refer to this post.
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 17&t=17038
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!