3D touch adjustment

PaleWriter

3D touch adjustment

Post by PaleWriter » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:14 am

Hello

Trying to install 3D Touch on an Ender 3, but cannot dial in Home Z, much less actually doing any bed PROBING! Opened a big can of worms by TRYING to adjust the setscrew on top - the one that's not mentioned AT ALL in the manual - but that proved as hard to replicate as anything else I see in brief videos where everything is already working as intended. Trying to sneak up on the exact location of the trigger point by rotating that screw back and forth is not working anything like what the video demonstrates: the point where the light goes OFF when turning the screw CCW is nowhere NEAR the point where it comes back ON when turning the screw back CW, like one would expect when trying to fine-tune such a switch action.

While I'm waiting for some sort of hint, I guess I'll recompile Marlin with pin debugging ON - in case that will allow some sort of diagnostic info.

Thanks!

BTW - physical config is a right-side mounted BLTouch mount for the Petsfang Bullseye - which I discovered holds the sensor up too high: at its lowest adjustment it was still nearly 4 mm too high to trigger before the nozzle hit. This means that lowering the mounting bar about 10mm relative to the adjusting slots might afford optimal use of those slots (by placing the likely correct placement about in the middle of the range of the slots.)

21 Nov 2018 20:07

While I'm trying to find where/how to turn pin debugging on, I'll add this:

Original (and continuing) problem: attempting to home Z starts as if OK, makes initial contact and stops, retracts probe and moves Z back up 5 mm and halts - BUT something is still amiss because: onscreen info where Z position is SUPPOSED to display, it flips back and forth between the 5 that's expected and a "?" (instead of a steady 5.0) AND - manual control of Z only allows upward motion, NOT DOWN, as if I haven't yet homed Z.

As for my problem dialing in the sweet spot in the switch breakpoint (adjusting the setscrew on top) the difference between the point where the light goes OFF when I back off the screw and where it turns back ON by turning it back in is about SIX HUNDRED DEGREES of rotation! NOT very tight resolution, I'd say.

Back to trying to find where I read that debugging thing...

21 Nov 2018 20:58

Found that I must define PINS_DEBUGGING -- but that makes for a bigger object file than my already maxxed out Sanguino board will handle. So unless I can figure something to DISable for now I'm unable to use M43 to diagnose.

Ratz

STILL NO JOY!!!!
Last edited by PaleWriter on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

PaleWriter

Re: 3D touch adjustment

Post by PaleWriter » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:07 am

moved into OP
Last edited by PaleWriter on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PaleWriter

Re: 3D touch adjustment

Post by PaleWriter » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:58 am

ditto - moved into OP - so this doesn't PREMATURELY APPEAR solved when it AIN'T