Issuea after switching to RAMPS

ohad135123

Issuea after switching to RAMPS

Post by ohad135123 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:22 am

Hey guys,
As a result of my decision to replace the GT2560 controller(pro C printer) with Arduino i'm facing a few problems. There are currently 2 problems - one is hardware related and one is software related.

1. Hardware Issue: this issue caused because the GT2560 uses the well known white JST-like connectors while RAMPS uses the black Dupont connectors. It happens both in all the motors (there are six motors) and the endstops. Although JST can connect to Dupont, the connection is really weak and I prefer to change it to Dupont. I really don't want to cut the cables and solder a different ending, but I'll do so if I have to. What's the most practical way to solve this? It's super problematic in the Z axis, by the way, because the motor connectors are near each other and it's impossible to connect both of them with JST. (the plastic is just too big)

2. Software Issue - I downloaded the latest Marlin from their GitHUb repo and edited the Configuration so it would match my Pro C printer.when I set my hot end temp to 100 ceclius degrees, it goes to 130C, then to 99, then to 115, then to 99 then to 115, then to 99 and so on instead of being close to 100 degress. It's probably a problem with the PID values. I tried the values from the latest GT2560 firmware and from the latest RAMPS firmware for Pro C (different values for some reason) and it stills working wrong. What can I do to fix it?

Thank you! :)