2 wire fan connector for GT2560 board?

Lloyd

2 wire fan connector for GT2560 board?

Post by Lloyd » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:20 am

Dumb question that I simply don't know the answer to. And yes, I am a novice. I am installing a 2 wire fan which will need to be plugged into my GT2560 board. I tried making an adapter with 2 wires going into a 3 wire JST plug, but my JST connectors won't fit the plug in the GT2560 board. I have a small 30x30 fan and a 60x60 fan both of which have only 2 wires and I don't seem to have the right plugs to make an adapter. I also have a JST connector kit in front of me.
What connector do I need?

William
Site Admin

Re: 2 wire fan connector for GT2560 board?

Post by William » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:47 am

Lloyd wrote:Dumb question that I simply don't know the answer to. And yes, I am a novice. I am installing a 2 wire fan which will need to be plugged into my GT2560 board. I tried making an adapter with 2 wires going into a 3 wire JST plug, but my JST connectors won't fit the plug in the GT2560 board. I have a small 30x30 fan and a 60x60 fan both of which have only 2 wires and I don't seem to have the right plugs to make an adapter. I also have a JST connector kit in front of me.
What connector do I need?
Hi,
Sorry to tell you i have no specification about the connector there,cuz we don't sell it separately.But i think maybe you can have two jumper wires instead of the connector,like this:
1.png
1.png (154.23 KiB) Viewed 12546 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Lloyd

Post by Lloyd » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:22 am

I suppose that I could make the same thing. Simple wire, pin connector and shrink-wrap. But I don't see that as being a secure connection, which is why I was trying to figure out the connector.

Lloyd

Post by Lloyd » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:27 am

For some reason, I am having to post twice for it to display once here tonight.
Anyway, I suppose that I could make the same thing. Wire, pin connector, and shrink-wrap. But that does not seem like a secure connection. I was hoping for a connector name and model to make a more secure connection.

Thanks,

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:16 am

Lloyd wrote:For some reason, I am having to post twice for it to display once here tonight.
Anyway, I suppose that I could make the same thing. Wire, pin connector, and shrink-wrap. But that does not seem like a secure connection. I was hoping for a connector name and model to make a more secure connection.

Thanks,
OK,it is "PH2.0 3pin",you can find it on eBay.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Lloyd

Post by Lloyd » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:59 am

Sorry. it took me awhile to realize that there is no speed control with these fans and I didn't need to hook them into the board. All I needed a was a straight connection to the power supply for them.

Thanks