PWM fan not working

William
Site Admin

PWM fan not working

Post by William » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi,guys
Having heard about you guys have the problem that the PWM fan is not working.And you can check this:
the PWM fan is controlled by the pin16 of the mainchip. When you turn on the fan, then the voltage
between the pin2 and pin1 of the mosfet is 0~5V, and when off, it will be about 0V.
1.png
1.png (185.72 KiB) Viewed 26836 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

tassat01

Re: PWM fan not working

Post by tassat01 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:03 pm

what is the PWM fan, what is its function.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:30 am

tassat01 wrote:what is the PWM fan, what is its function.
Hi,
It is a fan that can be efficiently controlled by the CPU of the motherboard.And Its a way to intelligently control fan speed through pulses of power rather than direct adjustment of voltage through a fan controller.

cybermaus

Post by cybermaus » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:24 am

Hi

What is the maximum power this PWM can deliver ?
And/or what exact mosfet is on there?

Maurits

Cup

Post by Cup » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:26 am

Hi Maurits,
1.5V i guess.
2.The mosfet model is AP2306AGN.

rsreed

Post by rsreed » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:11 am

I know this is an older post, but I have no voltage at the PWM socket but when I check for voltage across pins 1 & 2 on Pin 16, I get 0v fan off and 4.36v fan on. Would there be any other reason why I wouldn't get voltage there?

Note: Never mind, I just figured out that the wiring diagram is incorrect. + is at the top. It's working now but I have an older fan so I don't have the complete range of speeds. I can only get from about 50% to 100%. Anything less and the fan just stops.
Acrylic Prusa I3 Pro B MK8

JalaL

Post by JalaL » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Where can I find/buy this mosfet ?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:51 am

JalaL wrote:Where can I find/buy this mosfet ?
Hi,you can contact the seller who you have bought from.

Stuiven

Post by Stuiven » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi William, i also have a problem with the pmw port. I can't control the fan, it is running all the time.
After i added an object cooling fan on the pmw fan port i noticed that i can't control the fan speed, the fan is running all the timer and i cant shut it off trough repetier or the LCD panel.
I took a mulimeter to check the voltage on the two pins like they said. When i choose on the printer fan speed 0 then i have 3,16V between the pins, instead of 0V between the pins.After i raised the fan speed to 255 i got 6,16V. So the fan keeps running all the time. I think the mosfet on the board might be broken, like they said in the forum. The firmware on the printer is the original, as it was delivered.

But i have a second problem is the LCD panel. If i turn the knob to adjust some values for example steps per mm, then one click on the knob causes some times 1 step and sometimes 2 or 3 steps. So it is very hard to adjust the values.

How can we fix this problems?

ppf

Post by ppf » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:05 am

Hi,
here is a way to connect a 2 wires fan to the PWM-FAN connector of the GT2560.

Note : my fan is a brushless DC 12v 0.15A, a very common one.

- the POSITIVE wire of the Fan (in general, it is RED) : connect it to the top pin (nearest of the board edge) of the PWM-FAN port of the GT2560 (with a yellow dot on the GT2560 scheme in documentation)
- the NEGATIVE wire of the Fan (in general, it is BLACK, or another color with a black strip): connect it to the middle pin of the PWM-FAN port of the GT2560 (with a black dot on the GT2560 scheme in documentation)
Note that if you revert them, the fan will not run.

You can control the speed of the fan via the LCD, via REPETIER-HOST buttons/slide, via g-code, or via le slicer config :
- via LCD : menu Control / Temperature / Fan Speed : 0 = Off, 1 to 130 slow speed with 'vibrations' (avoid this range !), 131 to 255 real adjustable higher speed range. The 1 to 130 range 'vibrations' is due to the fact that my 1$ fan is not a 3-pins real PWM fan and it cannot start rotating at low power. Perhaps that this range can be reduced with better quality fans, or real PWM fans.
- via Repetier-Host / Manual Control : with the fan slide : can stop the fan, or turn it on with some minimum speed (also with the low 'vibrating' range) to maximum.
- via g-code : M106 Snnn : nnn=0 for off, 255=max speed (also with the low 'vibrating' range). You can also add this code in the Start G-code when using PLA M106 S255 to cool the layer, and in the End G-code M106 S0 to stop the fan.
- via the Slice config : in Filament Settings / Cooling : a lot of options for a clever setting arround the fan for bridges, smaal parts, layers, ... etc

Hope it helps.