Awful MeCreator prints

ModBodHD

Awful MeCreator prints

Post by ModBodHD » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:43 am

After receiving my MeCreator, I was greeted by the usual 3d printer stuff (level print bed, etc), but this thing has virtually no valuable documentation...

After some fiddling, I got this thing to actually extrude plastic, and watch it bundle around the nozzle...

Further fiddling and I get it to print 5 layer objects, at 1000 micron resolution (bad), then the plastic just goes bundling around the nozzle again, before drooping all over the print...

Now, the printer has been calibrated over 50 times, with digital measurement tools, the software calibrated (the stuff you give us has the wrong data)and it still produces awful results.

I have tried contacting various people, phone, email, the lot....Nothing....

If I don't hear back within the next 24 hours, I'm sending it back. And the credit card company will launch an investigation to retrieve the money.

ethanpaisley0110@gmail.com

john

Re: Awful MeCreator prints

Post by john » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:45 am

Hi, I got the same problem when I first time to use a 3D printer.Here are some experience share with you.
1)set a right temperature,
Material:PLA Hotend Temperature:210 degree Hotbed:60~70 degree
Material:ABS Hotend Temperature:230 degree Hotbed:70~95 degree
2)check the plastic dimension and extruder dimension
Note that the standard / default control board is Reprap Sanguinololu, and the extruder is MK8 (filament diameter=1.75mm, nozzle=0.3mm).
When you change a .stl file to a .gcode file in RepetierHost, these dimensions are very important.
Please check all parameters and try several times like me,and you will operate MeCreat very well. Most of FDM type 3D printers have the same theory.
If you want to find more,please visit our page
http://www.geeetech.com/assembled-me-cr ... p-876.html
If you have other questions,Please leave them on this page.

ModBodHD

Post by ModBodHD » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks for the reply, I have the exact same settings for the ABS filament though

john

Post by john » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:18 am

Hi,have you fixed your promblem? If not,please give us more informantion.

Batfinks

Post by Batfinks » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:38 am

Check that the pulleys on the X and Y axis stepper motors are tight! My X axis pulley was loose after shipping and gave horrible prints, but was great after tightening the two set screws on the pulley!

Batfinks

Post by Batfinks » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:49 am

Check that the pulleys on the X and Y axis stepper motors are tight! My X axis pulley was loose after shipping and gave horrible prints, but was great after tightening the two set screws on the pulley!