MeCreator 2 Display DOA

peterjoris

MeCreator 2 Display DOA

Post by peterjoris » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi All,

just received my Me Creator 2 and on installation and first power-up, the display stayed completely black.
no background light, no lcd characters or blocks, just nothing

when i press the dail button, i can hear a click comming from the board, but other than that nothing.
using the printer connected to a PC works just fine though and i'm ever surprises how well it prints out of the box.

Any idea on how to solve this or anyone with experience with this?
if it is not an easy fix i will probably have to send it back or request a replacement display

thanks
Peter

William
Site Admin

Re: MeCreator 2 Display DOA

Post by William » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi,have you checked the conection between LCD and board?I think it's more likely because the bad connection.
Besides,here is a post you can take a look:viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17040.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

peterjoris

Post by peterjoris » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:42 pm

hi,

Thank you for your reply.

i checked all that, but in my case the display only uses 1 ribbon for the display and SD card reader, i seem to have another version of the 2004A display and main board, and as it is only 1 ribbon cable there is no way to connect it wrong.

It could be an issue with the firmware maybe still, maybe this is a new version of the display that needs other settings in the firmware to work.
only i cannot find any place where this type of display is described and what setting to make. i already tried to update the firmware but that did not help.
but again with the wrong settings in the firmware it might be the display is not starting at all.

Kind regards,
Peter

8ung

Post by 8ung » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi Peter
I have had the same prpblem
If you disconnect the cable from the GT board, do you have a communication with Repetier Host?
If yes the cable is defect.
The firmware checks if a display is present if the cable is plugged in.
The problem is, that the cable connector is too near to the cooler and therefore it is overbend.
If you want to exchange you will damage the 4 nibbles of the housing, so you need also a new one.

If you have no connection to repitier host, if the cable is unplugged, its another failure
kind regards

peterjoris

Re: MeCreator 2 Display DOA strange characters

Post by peterjoris » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi,

Geeetech sent me a new display,
now the backlight comes on but i have only strange characters on the display....

i received a firmware direct from Geeetech and installed that one but it did not solve the issues.
so with a new display, it feels a bit closer to a solution but it is still not working

anyone who has seen these strange character appearing?

Peter

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi,you can click the reset button under the knob,then it should be normal.Take some photos if it still don't work.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

peterjoris

Post by peterjoris » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:50 pm

If life would be just so simple...

I restarted and clicked the reset already 100 times by now... this is not the solution....

8ung

Post by 8ung » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi Peter
take attention on the correct fitting of the ribbon cable and also on the blank ends of the cable
The cable is very sensitve to damages, so it was here, take a magnifiing glass and look at the contacts.
And if than all is ok take out the fan an put in the cable into the plug of the GT board.
do the same also with the display.
If the cable is a liite bit crooked, it could be, that the display isnot working correct.
It take me also patience :-)
kind regards

8ung

Post by 8ung » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:20 am

Hi Peter
did you solve it?