LCD high Pitched Sount

zhangxueyou

Re: LCD high Pitched Sount

Post by zhangxueyou » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:44 am

Either, because it will back to 0 V when you rotate too much. So you need a multimeter to test the voltage between screw and GND.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:37 am

The z motors work but now I'm having different problems. The printer ABS just clumps around the extruder instead of sticking to the bed. I think the reason it clumps is because the bed never preheats enough. I set it to preheat to 120C and it only ever gets to about 68C. I've tried removing and reinserting the heating wires on the board but that doesn't do anything.

Also, the autohome setting doesn't go to the end stops. It autohomes to wherever the extruder happens to be instead of moving to the end stops. only the Y axis autohomes.

One more thing. The LCD screen doesn't display STL files on the SD card I'm using. It's a 256 MB SD card with one STL file and some folders on it. The LCD screen sees the folders but none of the content.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:39 am

Also, the "Turn motor off" button on both repetier and on the LCD screen does nothing. I know it used to do something but not any more.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:34 am

Hi, I replied last week but for whatever reason the forum moderators didn't let it through. So I'll try to retype what I wrote.

1. The LCD screen can't see the STL files I put on the SD card. In fact it can't see anything aside from folders. I double checked and the cords are in the right ports. Do the files have to be in Gcode to be read? Because the LCD screen was advertised to be able to read STL files.
2. The autohome doesn't bring the extruder back to the end stops. It brings the extruder back to wherever it was when I turned the printer on.
3. The LCD has a manual control feature that's supposed to let me use the motors to move the extruder around. It doesn't do anything when I try to use this feature. Also the autohome on the LCD does nothing. None of the motors move or react. Preheating works off the LCD.
4. The heating bed never gets past 68C and it takes about half an hour to heat up to that. I checked the connections on the board and they're fine.
Also when I try to print, it just prints a blob of plastic around the extruder. I assume this is because the printing bed doesn't get hot enough for the ABS to stick to the surface?

Thanks

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:35 am

Hi, I replied last week but for whatever reason the forum moderators didn't let it through. So I'll try to retype what I wrote.

1. The LCD screen can't see the STL files I put on the SD card. In fact it can't see anything aside from folders. I double checked and the cords are in the right ports. Do the files have to be in Gcode to be read? Because the LCD screen was advertised to be able to read STL files.
2. The autohome doesn't bring the extruder back to the end stops. It brings the extruder back to wherever it was when I turned the printer on.
3. The LCD has a manual control feature that's supposed to let me use the motors to move the extruder around. It doesn't do anything when I try to use this feature. Also the autohome on the LCD does nothing. None of the motors move or react. Preheating works off the LCD.
4. The heating bed never gets past 68C and it takes about half an hour to heat up to that. I checked the connections on the board and they're fine.
Also when I try to print, it just prints a blob of plastic around the extruder. I assume this is because the printing bed doesn't get hot enough for the ABS to stick to the surface?

Thanks

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:35 am

Thanks

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:40 am

I tried again today, upped the voltage of the Z motors and thoroughly lubricated them. They still don't do anything but I can hear the motors trying to turn.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:53 am

I got the Z motors to work. There was an extra wide part in the threaded rods that the ball screws couldn't get over. I rolled it above that and it rolls ok now. This is still a problem though.

Now also the Y axis is having problems as well. It doesn't move forward very well. It moves back just fine though.

Is it possible my board is defective? Not supplying enough power to the motors?

When I tried to print, I fed some of the filament through first and began the print. It still blobbed around the extruder.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:48 pm

hi,this is Eric,the tech-support of geetech.According to you description,i think you have inappropriate use of the printer . the board is ok because the motors and other parts could move.please assemble the printer according to the product manual.if you assemble the printer in a wrong way or do some improper operation,it will impact or damage the 3Dprinter.
Regarding to the stl-reading problem,lcd could only read the stl files after slicer.please open the g-code file with the repetier host ,click "slicer",save the g-code being edited.Then,copy the edited files to the SD card.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:59 pm

hi,this is Eric,the tech-support of geetech.According to you description,i think you have inappropriate use of the printer . the board is ok because the motors and other parts could move.please assemble the printer according to the product manual.if you assemble the printer in a wrong way or do some improper operation,it will impact or damage the 3Dprinter.
Regarding to the stl-reading problem,lcd could only read the stl files after slicer.please open the g-code file with the repetier host ,click "slicer",save the g-code being edited.Then,copy the edited files to the SD card.