LCD Panel and light on the RAMPS board blinks on and off

jhoarty

LCD Panel and light on the RAMPS board blinks on and off

Post by jhoarty » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:39 am

Hi, my printer was working great until I overheated the MOSFET so I ordered a new RAMPs and installed it and I can't get the printer to work again. When I power it up, the LCD panel blinks on and off kind of slowly (every two seconds or so). So, I ordered a new power supply. I thought maybe that was the problem but nothing changed. It still just blinks on and off. Also, the light on the RAMPs - the little green light - just blinks, too. I do have the power supply correctly set to 110 V.

I thought maybe I need to re-flash the Arduino but I can't because every time the light on the board and the LCD screen go out, the computer stops seeing the Arduino. It's like the power is cycling on and off. I have tried two power supplies and a RAMPs board and nothing changes. What could be the problem? Any idea?

Thanks

zhangxueyou

Re: LCD Panel and light on the RAMPS board blinks on and off

Post by zhangxueyou » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:07 am

Maybe the fuse is keeping working for the current is too high, please unplug the hot bed and extruder motor.
If it changes nothing after you do that, please check if the wiring is correct, if the motor drivers are connected in correct direction. Check if somewhere of the mianboard is short circuit.