Z axis won’t move on Geeetech Prusa I3 X

Skwint

Re: Z axis won’t move on Geeetech Prusa I3 X

Post by Skwint » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:58 pm

My Z-axis is way too stiff, so I ended up here (like, I suspect, about 50% of people building these things).

After removing the wood panel at the top and loosening the drive connector at the bottom, My Z axis threaded shaft sits at quite an angle to the smooth one next to it. See http://i.imgur.com/HU7mERN.jpg. I can get it into the hole, but having done that it's so stiff the motor can't turn it. It's not bent, it's just going through a thing which is clearly not parallel to it's sister.

I'm not really sure what to do about it, other than grab a pair of pliers and try to bend everything to a reasonable angle. Ideas welcome.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:04 am

Hello.
:mrgreen:

You think well.
There is no other option but you have to model a black handle with a trapezoidal nut.
I had a similar problem but to a lesser extent.
;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

stemboy400

Post by stemboy400 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:57 am

I had this problem to,
after a lot of testing I realized that all I had to do was loosen the bearings for both the smooth rod and the threaded rod.