plastic melts.

rottenwolf24

plastic melts.

Post by rottenwolf24 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:23 pm

Hello. I tried some prints yesterday and the plastic melts and the final print is distorted.
What I did is first i started setting the print bed at 100C and extruder at 240C for the first layer and 80C for the bed 200 for the extruder for the rest of the layers. The print came out distorted.
Then I tried to lower at 80C and 200C for the first print and 60C and 170C for the rest of the layers, the log was saying that the extruding is blocked by cold extruder so I stopped the job from repetier and tried again at 175C for the extruder. When the print finished it was again distorted, from the view of it, it seems that the plastic melts too much and runs down, what other settings i can change to the slicer to improve my prints?

Sherry

Re: plastic melts.

Post by Sherry » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi,could you tell me more detail such as the type of your printer , main board,fedding filament(ABS OR PLA) .in addition,please post some picture of the prints.thx

rottenwolf24

Post by rottenwolf24 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:24 pm

hello eric, I have rockstock delta g2s, but now the printer doesnt feed filament to the hothead, what might be the problem.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:18 pm

maybe the extruder have some jam in it's nozzle.please clear it by feeding the filament manually.In addition,there are many factors to cause the prints distorted.please let me see the prints you have printed.

rottenwolf24

Post by rottenwolf24 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:24 pm

I tried to feed it manually and it comes out very thin, when I try to print it doesnt stick to the bed and it wraps around the hot end

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:01 pm

hi, the prints is distorted because you do not auto leveling well. you must be patient when doing leveling.please see the link.http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... o-leveling.

now ,maybe your extruder have been scratched because the extruder and hot bed is not level .please do the following steps to modify the parameter in the firmware.if it doesn't work,you need to buy new extruder because it has been scratched .
1.Open the configuration.h file in the firmware.Find the following stsements.
// Horizontal distance bridged by diagonal push rods when effector is centered.
#define DELTA_RADIUS (DELTA_SMOOTH_ROD_OFFSET-DELTA_EFFECTOR_OFFSET-DELTA_CARRIAGE_OFFSET+2)

2.Modify the parameter "+2".there are some errors when assembling the printer.Please try to find the appropriate parameter when doing auto-leveling.It maybe a minus.