Marlin 2.0 bugfix 27 May i3proB A+/t8's Bltouch/3dtouch

enhaxed

Marlin 2.0 bugfix 27 May i3proB A+/t8's Bltouch/3dtouch

Post by enhaxed » Wed May 27, 2020 3:28 pm

This is the firmware updated this morning on the Marlin site, I haven'y had any issues with it yet.

I have made some small changes here and there like adding the Auto PIDtemp menu and adjusting te step values to the defaults except extrusion which is 94.

For further info please refer to my previous thread, I'll add any new info here.

(edit- fixed the title :P )
Attachments
Marlin2xb.zip
(3.09 MiB) Downloaded 384 times
Last edited by enhaxed on Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: Marlin 2.0 bugfix 27 May 20 A+/t8's Bltouch/3dtouch

Post by William » Thu May 28, 2020 9:32 am

thank you for your sharing!
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

enhaxed

Re: Marlin 2.0 bugfix 27 May 20 A+/t8's Bltouch/3dtouch

Post by enhaxed » Thu May 28, 2020 5:38 pm

No worries, I'm happy to help :)

enhaxed

Re: Marlin 2.0 bugfix 27 May i3proB A+/t8's Bltouch/3dtouch

Post by enhaxed » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:01 pm

A lot of the time when I'm in the first stages of a print, when the bed and extruder are heating, I get a lot of melted filament blobbing on the extruder which interferes with the print when it starts.

A trick I've worked out is to add an M25 pause command in the gcode after G28 homing and G29 auto levelling. This should make the print automatically pause after the bed and extruder are heated to allow you to clear any buildup on the extruder and then resume the print.

When the printer pauses it doesn't show the "Resume Print" option as it should but shows the "Pause Print" option instead, just click "Pause Print" option and the "Resume Print" option will then show properly.

Sometimes if there is a lot of old filament on the extruder it will interfere with bed levelling so beware.

EDIT: changed the name of the menu option to the correct "Pause Print"

enhaxed

Re: Marlin 2.0 bugfix 27 May i3proB A+/t8's Bltouch/3dtouch

Post by enhaxed » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:24 pm

I've bought a second printer, an Ender 5 (also running Marlin) and a Palette 2 Pro S (and hub) and would like to do another update for the Marlin build but the version on the new printer is customised and older and hesitate to change anything unless i can do a full backup.

If I was having problems I would probably do it anyway but it's been working ok. I want to connect the i3 pro to the hub but I don't have room currently in my "lab". Anyway I will probably do another update soon I'm just hoping there's a way to dump what's on the board, the manufacturer's website information for downloading these files is confusing at best (not Geeetech) so I probably need to learn some more about Marlin.

As always I'm happy to answer questions about my uploads.