A20T Beginners guide...

pete_761

A20T Beginners guide...

Post by pete_761 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:26 pm

I have questions:
a) Why isn't this site secure - off topic
b) What is the difference between a HEX file and a bin file in the updater?
c) Why do I see A10 and A30 bin files but nothing for the A20?
d) If you accidently appear to have applied the A10 bin file to your A20T, ( think I might have because the software is rather clunky to understand). What is the right course of action to correct it?
e) How do I bed level the system? The head goes really high up away from the hot plate plate (at least 2-3 inches, 5-8 cms)... how do I persuade it to start much lower down?
f) How do I install the 3D touch... no instructions at all... which wire should be where (Black at top, Brown at top? ) - I get a probing failed message...
g) Can I get it to print in a single colour?

Sorry probably all simple and dumb questions but I'm stuck...

Cheers Pete

William
Site Admin

Re: A20T Beginners guide...

Post by William » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:43 pm

:D Hi,
1. Can you provide your country? May be related to the national network,
Perhaps the firewall automatically considers it unrecognized;
2. The hex format is a compiled 16-bit firmware, which cannot be changed;
3. Different models have different firmware;
4. If the uploaded firmware does not match the model and cannot be identified, you need to download the firmware corresponding to the model and upload it again;
5. Regarding leveling, you need to calibrate 3d touch, you need to adjust z offset, in control-> motion-> z-offset,
For specific operations, you can refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RtsZDbR2po
6. You can refer to the picture when installing 3d touch. Brown is above 3pin and black is above 2pin. Incorrect installation may cause damage to 3d touch or the adapter board;
3d touch接线参考.png
3d touch接线参考.png (140.09 KiB) Viewed 8964 times
7. You can choose monochrome printing, and change the ratio to 100: 0: 0 on the screen. It is best to insert consumables during monochrome printing to avoid hot end clogging.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

pete_761

Post by pete_761 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:00 pm

Thanks for your reply william, however.

a) I'm in the UK

c) I get that different models have different firmwar, but why is there no bin file for the A20T in the upgrade from remote list (which is what I think I accidenty triggered)?

d) Given the above, how do I know I'm running the right motherboard / firmware for my printer now? How can I check? It seems to be trying to print now as if it was an A10 because of the height it jumps too above the hot bed.

I'm now trying to print (blue screen has come back to something I recognise and I think I've re-levelled the bed manually but the top temp above the nozzle icon is showing 0 degrees. the bottom number is around 56 degrees.

Off topic...

e) On a speparaste note I brought the printer through Amazon, but the top part of the vertical screw (black plastic square that hold it from wobbling at the top) was broken, by me when building the printer or came like it I don't know but where can I get spares?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Hi, the current firmware is specific to this version,
You can view the firmware version information on the screen
You can also confirm that you are downloading the required model firmware on the official website.
If the nozzle temperature is not heated, it should be at room temperature.
You can provide corresponding pictures about your damaged parts,
If you buy, you can make related purchases on the platform.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

pete_761

Post by pete_761 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:23 pm

Printer Info is

Marlin - 1.1.8
2017-12-25 12:00

GT2560 V4.0
Baud :2500000
FW V2.1
HW V1.20
Protocol 1.0
PSU Generic

The updater doesn't let you copy and paste (seems a mistake on the coders part) and I can't insert images here without posting them to a website first.... again not helpful...

I'm going to try taking it back to the HEX version without hte probe mod in it to see if this allows it to print anything as at present it tries to print about 7 cms above the hotplate and I can't seem to persuade it to do anything else...

LawrenceParks

Post by LawrenceParks » Fri May 08, 2020 11:51 pm

pete_761 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:26 pm
I have questions:
a) Why isn't this site secure - off topic
b) What is the difference between a HEX file and a bin file in the updater?
c) Why do I see A10 and A30 bin files but nothing for the A20?
d) If you accidently appear to have applied the A10 bin file to your A20T, ( think I might have because the software is rather clunky to understand). What is the right course of action to correct it?
e) How do I bed level the system? The head goes really high up away from the hot plate plate (at least 2-3 inches, 5-8 cms)... how do I persuade it to start much lower down?
f) How do I install the 3D touch... no instructions at all... which wire should be where (Black at top, Brown at top? ) - I get a probing failed message...
g) Can I get it to print in a single colour?

Sorry probably all simple and dumb questions but I'm stuck...

Cheers Pete
me too