Pro W with GT2560 A+

MrJoatmon

Pro W with GT2560 A+

Post by MrJoatmon » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi there. I have the i3 Pro W with a GT2560 A+ board. Which firmware do I need?
The helpful guide for firmware (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17046) lists the Pro W but it doesn't specify an option for the A+ board, except with the 3D touch. I do have the A+ but I don't have the 3D touch, so I don't know which option to choose. Some of the other printer options (such as the Pro B) do specify two different options for the 2560 or the 2560A+. Sorry if this has an obvious answer but I wanted to be sure before I attempt to flash the firmware.

Many thanks.

eye

Re: Pro W with GT2560 A+

Post by eye » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:20 pm

When 3D Touch is not used, GT2560 RevA and GT2560 RevA+ boards are equivalent, so don't worry about it. RevA+ adds servo port to support 3D Touch, but is otherwise equivalent.

However this is an ancient firmware, please consider using a newer one with safer presets. Geeetech kit printer support is now part of official Marlin distribution. You may download official Marlin distribution from https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin and descend into Marlin/example_configurations/Geeetech/Prusa i3 Pro W and get a set of configuration files right there. You simply need to overwrite the default configuration files in Marlin with these.