Marlin 1.1.4 With 3DTouch / BLTouch for i3 Pro B

alexandru

Re: Marlin 1.1.4 With 3DTouch / BLTouch for i3 Pro B

Post by alexandru » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:26 am

I3 Pro W works with this version of Merlin?

Solo761

Post by Solo761 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:43 am

First, thank you for updated firmware. But unfortunately I have an issue

I've bought BLTouch recently and have been fighting to make it work for at least a week. This firmware works fine. I've used it before I bought BLtouch without problems.

Problem is that I don't see automatic bed level working as it should. Probe measures the bed and when it starts It looks like it's not correcting z variations enough. Here's an example of two lines of skirt.

https://imgur.com/zFIRvzr

On the right side it's OK (not really, Z offset is not correct, head is about 0.1 too close to the surface, but I did this on purpose to better show this problem), but when it goes to the left it doesn't correct for it being a bit higher than right side so in this case head is too close and instead of line I get thin film. If I correct Z offset to handle left side, right side prints almost in air and doesn't stick. While printer is working Z axis steppers are moving so it's correcting something, but it seems it's not correcting enough.

I tried all I could think of to make it work. I tried using " #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_LINEAR" and with "#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_BILINEAR" with the same results. Also, tried with "#define GRID_MAX_POINTS_X 2" and "#define GRID_MAX_POINTS_X 3" to have it use 4 or 9 points. No change.

I tried to keep it simple, my startup code is simply

G28 ; home all axes
G29 ; probe
G1 Z10 F5000 ; lift nozzle

I also tried, what some other people suggested, to manually set the grid. After fresh flash from Arduino ide, send these commands:

load EEPROM settings
M502

save EEPROM settings
M500

home all axes
M28

view leveling data
M420 V

probe
M29

again check leveling data to make sure it got read
M420 V

Save bed leveling data
M500

And now instead of above starting G-code use this

G28 ; home all axes
M420 S1 ; enable usage of leveling data
G1 Z10 F5000 ; lift nozzle

This way every time I print something it will recall those measures and use them. But result was the same (picture above is from this last try).

Any ideas what could be the culprit behind this?

bigbbdriver

Post by bigbbdriver » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:22 pm

Hi

Change the offset as you said, click compile and I get this error!

static_assert(1 >= 0

This is the full report!

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK"
In file included from /MarlinConfig.h:39,
from /Marlin.h:36,
from blinkm.cpp:28:
/SanityCheck.h:33:4: error: #error "Marlin requires C++11 support (gcc >= 4.7, Arduino IDE >= 1.6.8). Please upgrade your toolchain."
In file included from /MarlinConfig.h:39,
from /Marlin.h:36,
from blinkm.cpp:28:
SanityCheck.h:444: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:503: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:615: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:687: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:688: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:689: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:690: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:691: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:692: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:1090: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:1247: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before 'float'
SanityCheck.h:1247: error: expected unqualified-id before ',' token
SanityCheck.h:1248: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '=' token
SanityCheck.h:1248: error: expected unqualified-id before ',' token
SanityCheck.h:1249: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '=' token
SanityCheck.h:1250: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:1251: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:1252: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:1253: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:1254: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
SanityCheck.h:1255: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token

Regards

LoBoHEAT

Post by LoBoHEAT » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:01 am

bigbbdriver wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:22 pm

/SanityCheck.h:33:4: error: #error "Marlin requires C++11 support (gcc >= 4.7, Arduino IDE >= 1.6.8). Please upgrade your toolchain."
Hi!

update your Arduino IDE, seems that you are using a old version. The last stable version of Arduino IDE is 1.8.2

Best regards.
Please, support my collaboration, buy me a Kofi https://ko-fi.com/lachusmadeti THANKS!!

Lou111

Post by Lou111 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:35 pm

Hello. I downloaded your firmaware from the post and opened it in Arduino 1.8.13.

When I click Verify/Compile I get dozens of warnings and then it stops with an error using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'
I changed my hardware for the 3D Touch sensor but it seems I am unable to update the firmware to use it.

I am novice user in terms of Anduino and really would appreciate some help. Even a ready compiled firmware with instructions how to upload to the board would be really helpful.

I am using Geeetech I3 Pro B with Cura for Mac and I am sure I am using the old GT2560 Board.

Thank you

Juergen Loos

LoBoHEAT

Post by LoBoHEAT » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:52 am

Lou111 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:35 pm
Hello. I downloaded your firmaware from the post and opened it in Arduino 1.8.13.

When I click Verify/Compile I get dozens of warnings and then it stops with an error using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'
I changed my hardware for the 3D Touch sensor but it seems I am unable to update the firmware to use it.

I am novice user in terms of Anduino and really would appreciate some help. Even a ready compiled firmware with instructions how to upload to the board would be really helpful.

I am using Geeetech I3 Pro B with Cura for Mac and I am sure I am using the old GT2560 Board.

Thank you

Juergen Loos

Sorry for the late reply, personal problems and no time for enter.

Actually I don't use the Arduino IDE (windows version) for the problems with the lenght of the routes for compile, I use the linux version or the Visual Studio Code (windows or linux).

Best regards
Please, support my collaboration, buy me a Kofi https://ko-fi.com/lachusmadeti THANKS!!

Diplomator

Post by Diplomator » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi,

i bought me also a Geeetech i3 Pro B Acryl installed a BL Touch and i wanna upgrade the software for the BL touch. but it dont work ..
i downloaded the firmware open the Marlin.ino in Arduino, choose Com Port 6 and Board Arduino Mega or Mega 2560 and update the printer,
it says

Sketch uses 138930 bytes (54%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 4393 bytes (53%) of dynamic memory, leaving 3799 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.

but on the printer himself is no change and is shows on the Sceen under about

PI3 Pro B
SW Vers:1.0.05
SN.........

any idea what i make wrong ?