- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:33 am
- Location: Moscow, Russia
I couldn't find any bugtracker for Geeetech products. Something like JIRA or at least RedMine, Mantis or BugZilla would be very useful considering the enormous amount of silly childish bugs in the Rostock 301 firmware.
If such a tracker is available anywhere, please let me know. So far I will list the bugs that I find here.
- Prepare -> Auto Home, then Prepare -> Move axis -> 10mm -> Z Axis, start rotating the knob counter-clockwise as fast as you can to lower the printing head.
You may see this bug here: https://youtu.be/d2fw3XDrBls
- First of all, observe how the printing head position and the displayed settings are jerky
- As you approach 25mm height, slow down. At 25mm rotate the know once more. Observe the expected 15mm. Rotate once more. Observe that the head moves down to 5mm while the display stays at 15mm. Rotate the knob clockwise. Observe that the head moves back to 15mm and the display stays at 15mm. Now go up in the menu twice to get to Prepare -> Move axis. Choose 1mm -> Z Axis. Rotate the knob counter-clockwise to lower the printing head slowly. Observe that below 10mm the reading goes all crazy showing things like -99mm.
- More to describe...
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:18 pm
Hi Alex. More bugs coming!
- in Prepare > Move axis > 10mm or 1mm > X or Y, when you move to negative values, turning the knob clockwise once makes the value instantly 0.0 but no movement, then turning it once more makes it jump to 0.0 on a curved down trajectory.
- when sending G-code from Repetier Host the movement is not consistent. For example sending G0 X-90 Y0 makes the move but not in one continuous move but rather few jerky moves.
- it seems that the firmware doesn't obey the speeds. Might be related to previous bug i've mentioned. When printing even at relatively low speed (40mm/s) the head still jerks like crazy every now and then, possibly on travel moves (which shouldn't be moving faster than in settings). That causes the motors to loose steps.
- 1.0.02 to be continued...
Firmware 1.0.03: DO NOT FLASH THIS FIRMWARE!
- out of the box it doesn't support negative values on all 3 axes. there is no way to move the head to the left or to the front from the center.
- no more bugs found cause this version is basically GARBAGE!
I don't think we'll get any response from the Geeetech guys, and even if so, it most likely will be some bullshit. So in the mean time I'm gonna look for a compatible alternative firmware.
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:50 am
First of all sorry for my English, I'm from France.
Thank you for sharing your expert opinion about your Rostock 301 :
1-the firmware is 1.0.03 :-(. I've tried to connect the printer in USB with STM32 to downgrade the firmware but the answer is 'no st-link detected'. An idea ?
2-the print head can't go to home position in Repetier. the X motor jerk/skate before the Z-stop. It seems to be to heavy for it...
3-when I manually move E0,E1 or E2 in Repetier, it moves the print head on the Z axis !!!!!!
Perhaps the first answer will treat the 2 others :-) ?
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4956
- Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 am
Have you tried to check the motor driver board voltage(0.8-1.2V)
-Keep your mind and try to test it.
-Everything will be fun！-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests