Rostock 301, new firmware changelog

flintewn

Re: Rostock 301, new firmware changelog

Post by flintewn » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:12 pm

we are afraid of trying to put marlin into stm32 pro and cannot rollback !

If geeetech can ensure us that we will not brick our printer we'll try it.

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:45 pm

Hello,
Bonjour,

You will find the original text translated into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte original en français.

Voici ce que me donne une connexion avec l'IDE d'Arduino, version 1.6.12, qu'en je me connecte avec le terminal d'Arduino, sur ma carte contrôleur GTM32 Pro :
JumpToApp0
JumpToApp1
FIRMWARE_NAME:V1.0.02 PROTOCOL_VERSION:V1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:Rostock301 EXTRUDER_COUNT:3 UUID:
ok
echo:SD init fail
echo:Unknown command:
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
FIRMWARE_NAME:V1.0.02 PROTOCOL_VERSION:V1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:Rostock301 EXTRUDER_COUNT:3 UUID:
ok
ok B:0.0 /0.0 T0:0.0 /0.0 T1:0.0 /0.0 T2:0.0 /0.0 @:0 B@:0
C'est pour moi la preuve que si nous avions les codes sources, nous pourrions nous aider les uns les autres !

Je pense qu'il existe un code source ouvert pour le micrologiciel Marlin pour la puce STMicroelectronics STM32 32 bits. Est-ce qu'il serait compatible avec la carte GTM32 Pro ?

Est-ce que le personnel de Geeetech pourrait nous répondre, s'il vous plaît ?

Cordialement,

L'ami René
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello,

Excuse me, I am unilingual francophone and I use Google translator to translate the texts of the forum in French and to write to you in English. Thank you for your understanding and your indulgence for these texts translated mechanically!

Here is what gives me a connection with the IDE of Arduino, version 1.6.12, that I connect with the terminal of Arduino, on my card controller GTM32 Pro:
JumpToApp0
JumpToApp1
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok B:0.0 /0.0 T0:0.0 /0.0 T1:0.0 /0.0 T2:0.0 /0.0 @:0 B@:0
It is proof to me that if we had the source codes, we could help each other!

I think there is open source code for Marlin firmware for the 32-bit STMicroelectronics STM32 chip. Would it be compatible with the GTM32 Pro?

Could the Geeetech staff respond, please?

Cordially,

Friend René
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177

Veenoh

Post by Veenoh » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:16 pm

I'm trying to dig deeper on this to see if there is a way of using the G2s Pro or other code on my Rostock 301 to convert it to a dual extruder. It appears that the GTM32 Pro is based on the STM32 although it's not clear how closely they match. I see that there are Arduino IDE board files available for various flavors of the STM32 by adding

http://dan.drown.org/stm32duino/package ... index.json

to the Arduino IDE preferences. Is there any further information on whether any of these might be compatible with the GTM32 Pro?

(Sorry if this is a dumb question since I am just starting to understand the Arduino programming environment.)

JohnQuix

Post by JohnQuix » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:20 pm

I want to do exactly the same thing except with single extrusion. I haven't had much luck with the "diamond" nozzle and at this point I want to just use it with one extruder with a regular E3D type nozzle.

Is there a way to just connect the GTM32 to Arduino IDE and upload new firmware?

Veenoh

Post by Veenoh » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi John,

I'm trying to get "board info" with various STM32 board managers right now. So far all I get is "unknown board". However, that is probably returned independent of what board is selected.

--Dave

flintewn

Post by flintewn » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:05 am

JohnQuix wrote:I want to do exactly the same thing except with single extrusion. I haven't had much luck with the "diamond" nozzle and at this point I want to just use it with one extruder with a regular E3D type nozzle.

Is there a way to just connect the GTM32 to Arduino IDE and upload new firmware?
why do you need to change the firmware ? in your slicer use only one extruder ! if the new nozzle is not perfectly aligned (Z axis) like the diamond was, you can manage this by bed leveling and recalibrating .

Veenoh

Post by Veenoh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:14 am

You are correct for a single extruder. However, the firmware only looks at the temperature of the first hot end and reports that temperature for all 3, which is OK for a mixing hot end. But in a dual extruder setup, the temperature of the second extruder would not be controlled properly.

Also, it would be nice for the user community to be able to fix bugs and add features. Geeetech is very slow on both.

Veenoh

Post by Veenoh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:11 am

I've narrowed down the processor on the GTM32 Pro to a STM32F103VE which has 512k flash memory. There is an Arduino IDE board file for this in the link I posted before. I'm out of my depth now but I wonder if generic Marlin Delta firmware could be loaded and run. I imagine at least the pin assignments would need to be changed but that seems like an easy task in Arduino IDE once you know the pins used.

Anyone with coding experience want to comment? Could the code for the G2s Pro be compiled for the STM32F103VE and loaded into the GTM32 Pro? :?