EndStops problem

YoeriGod

EndStops problem

Post by YoeriGod » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:59 am

Hello,

We have recently constructed a Geeetech i3 Acrylic 8mm printer with an AT Mega 2560 board and RAMPS 1.4.
We are using Marlin firmware for this, and we've come across an endstop problem.

When using the manual controls with all of the axis centered before startup, the printer moves to X+10 just fine, but when I give it the command to move to X-10 it will report that the endstop has been hit (when it is actually not). When holding the endstop the printer will move to X-10 just fine, which leads me to believe that the endstop boolean paramater in the firmware needed to be inversed from true to false. This however, did not solve the problem, it made it even worse (the printer would not move at all at first, and only move to X+10 after a X-10 command was inputted, without actually moving to X-10).

I've been stuck for a while now, please help.

The current firmware is attached.

Thank you
Attachments
Marlin.rar
(409.82 KiB) Downloaded 680 times

zhangxueyou

Re: EndStops problem

Post by zhangxueyou » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi, YoeriGod
You can try to modify these values:
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

YoeriGod

Post by YoeriGod » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:33 pm

I have changed the variables above, this does not fix the problem :cry:.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Let me see how you connect the endstops, please take a picture of mainboard.

george6robles

Post by george6robles » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:49 am

Hello,
I need some help with my x and y endstops, problem is they will not register. They will not work correctly or at all. I have changed firmware, pin connections and every way that I have changed firm ware or hardware configuration it will not fix the problem. I had a bad stepper driver and am lead to believe I also now may have a bad board/chip. Please help! L. Wang from eBay sales has directed me here. She has sent me firmware and I have uploaded. I have tried both n.o. and n.c. pins just to try it out of frustration when I know it is possible just to change firmware but no difference when I do. pins are (sig to n.o.) and (ground to common) for each one. my z axis works fine. I have checked everything I can.

New issue has come up now. my retraction is no longer working any more. At first it was a bad stepper driver and I had to reverse cable for stepper and disable retraction because it only moved in one direction. I tested my theory by swapping it with other axis with the same result that axis only moves in one direction to make sure it was a bad driver. which is why I flipped the cable for stepper and disabled retraction in slicer. It printed much better considering I have bad linear bearings a bad driver and bad end stops I got some nice small prints but not too good if I used support.

So, all that aside I bought several stepper drivers replaced the bad one. worked great for a while. got 5 big prints (three of which where bad but some tuning with the extruding to 160-180%. I have also ordered a couple other boards that I will receive today RAMPs 1.4 and GT2560. so I will need firmware for those as well. I have been doing a build videos on YouTube www.youtube.com/c/georgeroblesjr or https://plus.google.com/+georgeroblesjr

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:24 am

george6robles wrote:Hello,
I need some help with my x and y endstops, problem is they will not register. They will not work correctly or at all. I have changed firmware, pin connections and every way that I have changed firm ware or hardware configuration it will not fix the problem. I had a bad stepper driver and am lead to believe I also now may have a bad board/chip. Please help! L. Wang from eBay sales has directed me here. She has sent me firmware and I have uploaded. I have tried both n.o. and n.c. pins just to try it out of frustration when I know it is possible just to change firmware but no difference when I do. pins are (sig to n.o.) and (ground to common) for each one. my z axis works fine. I have checked everything I can.

New issue has come up now. my retraction is no longer working any more. At first it was a bad stepper driver and I had to reverse cable for stepper and disable retraction because it only moved in one direction. I tested my theory by swapping it with other axis with the same result that axis only moves in one direction to make sure it was a bad driver. which is why I flipped the cable for stepper and disabled retraction in slicer. It printed much better considering I have bad linear bearings a bad driver and bad end stops I got some nice small prints but not too good if I used support.

So, all that aside I bought several stepper drivers replaced the bad one. worked great for a while. got 5 big prints (three of which where bad but some tuning with the extruding to 160-180%. I have also ordered a couple other boards that I will receive today RAMPs 1.4 and GT2560. so I will need firmware for those as well. I have been doing a build videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/c/georgeroblesjr or https://plus.google.com/+georgeroblesjr
Hi, thanks for your sharing.
Can you tell me which kind of extruder you use? Single extruder or dual extruder? So that I could send you the correct firmware.

george6robles

Post by george6robles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:47 am

I have a Geeetech Prusa i3 pro B 3D printer with support for 5 materials and it has a sanguinololu board that I'm not sure that works right so maybe firmware as well for that I know it only supports 1 print head but my x and y axis pins will not work for some reason. I have solved my retraction problem by using only slicer to perform retract as the firmware will not do it when it is activated. I have program the setting in gcode but it does not do it. I would like to solve that issue as well please. The extra items I bought are a second print head MK8 that supports abs/pla. Geeetech GT2560, RAMPs 1.4 with iduino, and plenty of drivers both purple Drv8825 and red A4988
I will need both as I'm doing both setups.
Ramps 1.4 and the GT2560. I am doing videos on original setup and then adding extruder for those just ordering extra head. So they can build one as well.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:03 am

george6robles wrote:I have a Geeetech Prusa i3 pro B 3D printer with support for 5 materials and it has a sanguinololu board that I'm not sure that works right so maybe firmware as well for that I know it only supports 1 print head but my x and y axis pins will not work for some reason. I have solved my retraction problem by using only slicer to perform retract as the firmware will not do it when it is activated. I have program the setting in gcode but it does not do it. I would like to solve that issue as well please. The extra items I bought are a second print head MK8 that supports abs/pla. Geeetech GT2560, RAMPs 1.4 with iduino, and plenty of drivers both purple Drv8825 and red A4988
I will need both as I'm doing both setups.
Ramps 1.4 and the GT2560. I am doing videos on original setup and then adding extruder for those just ordering extra head. So they can build one as well.
Please tell me your filament diameter and nozzle diameter, I can share my slicer setting with you.
And please leave your email address, so that I can send you the firmware.

george6robles

Post by george6robles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:11 am

I have them all. Current one being used is 0.3 have the rest that you offer. Both head are 1.75 mm filament.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:58 am

george6robles wrote:I have them all. Current one being used is 0.3 have the rest that you offer. Both head are 1.75 mm filament.
This setting is for single extruder.
slicer settings(1.75-0.3).rar
(719.11 KiB) Downloaded 751 times