Marlin 1.1.7 with BLTouch for i3 Pro B

William
Site Admin

Re: Marlin 1.1.7 with BLTouch for i3 Pro B

Post by William » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:15 pm

You are correct!Define "Servo0 11" and then it works
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

nikel222

Post by nikel222 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:13 am

Hi! I have installed 3Dtouch and upload Marlin_1.1.8 12/30/2017 with arduino 1.8.5 (arduino 1.0.1 gives error) on my Geeetech I3 pro B
Power on the printer 3D touch make test with continuos flashing (error) .
Following reset procedure as in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7lXvf ... rQ_ie4jVmC
I connected printer to repetier, I sent Gcode: M280 P0 S160, then with allen key size 2, I turned the screw anticlockwise until the LED turns off
after I turned the screw clockwise so the LED will light up. Removing the allen key the 3D touch start flashing again.
I tried several time the procedure but always the same result as soon as I remove the allen key from screw.
When I leave the allen key on screw the 3D touch work properly without flashing error , G28 and G29 work good and start printing
Maybe I'm making some mistake , have you any suggestion to not print with allen key on 3Dtouch sensor?
Thanks

JDave

Post by JDave » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Hello,

I am still very much a beginner when it comes to changing the firmware.
I followed the steps outlined in http://www.geeetech.com/Documents/3DTou ... Manual.pdf
but could not get the sensor to 'extend' when autohoming. It does the automatic test on start-up fine.

Could someone help me figure out the settings (I have a feeling it is Pin related) for my printer (Pro X, I believe) with the GT2560 Rev A board.
I changed the pins as suggested in the PDF(see below) but had no luck.

if MB(ULTIMAKER)
define KNOWN_BOARD
… #define Z_MAX_PIN -1//32
define Z_ENABLE_PIN 35

define SUICIDE_PIN 54 //PIN that has to be turned on right after start, to keep power flowing.
#define SERVO0_PIN 32//13 // untested

Any help would be very much appreciated,

JDave

max-walls

Post by max-walls » Tue May 15, 2018 2:52 am

Hi Wes,

I'm very much a newbie and have only made some basic firmware changes with Arduino, but I can't get your 1.1.8 version to compile and get lots of errors like the one given below. I know that this will be something simple (and obvious) but I would be really grateful if you could point mt in the right direction!

Regards,

Mark

Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from sketch\MarlinConfig.h:26:0,

from C:\I3 Pro X TEST\Marlin 1.1.8 Pro B _BL Touch\Marlin-1.1.8\Marlin\Marlin.ino:31:

fastio.h:56: error: #error "Pins for this chip not defined in Arduino.h! If you have a working pins definition, please contribute!"

#error "Pins for this chip not defined in Arduino.h! If you have a working pins definition, please contribute!"

^

fastio.h:314: error: #error "unknown CPU"

#error "unknown CPU"

^

In file included from sketch\pins_GT2560_REV_A_PLUS.h:29:0,

from sketch\pins.h:172,

from sketch\MarlinConfig.h:34,

from C:\I3 Pro X TEST\Marlin 1.1.8 Pro B _BL Touch\Marlin-1.1.8\Marlin\Marlin.ino:31:

pins_GT2560_REV_A.h:30: error: #error "Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."

#error "Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."

^

exit status 1
#error "Pins for this chip not defined in Arduino.h! If you have a working pins definition, please contribute!"

Gingko
Site Admin

Post by Gingko » Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 am

[quote=max-walls post_id=84175 time=1526323931 user_id=62119]
Hi Wes,

I'm very much a newbie and have only made some basic firmware changes with Arduino, but I can't get your 1.1.8 version to compile and get lots of errors like the one given below. I know that this will be something simple (and obvious) but I would be really grateful if you could point mt in the right direction!

Regards,

Mark

Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from sketch\MarlinConfig.h:26:0,

fastio.h:56: error: #error "Pins for this chip not defined in Arduino.h! If you have a working pins definition, please contribute!"

^

fastio.h:314: error: #error "unknown CPU"

#error "unknown CPU"

^

In file included from sketch\pins_GT2560_REV_A_PLUS.h:29:0,

from sketch\pins.h:172,

from sketch\MarlinConfig.h:34,

pins_GT2560_REV_A.h:30: error: #error "Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."

#error "Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."

^

exit status 1
[/quote]

Maybe you can check the board that you selected.
Attachments
Board.jpg
Board.jpg (211.87 KiB) Viewed 14860 times

Lordje

Post by Lordje » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi,

I did try your firmware but I have problems with a temperature error.
I need 110° for the bed and 235° for the extruder.
When the bed is heating and is coming at 100° degrees I do get an error.

What can be wrong?

Kind regards,
Pascal

danielfmo

Post by danielfmo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:41 pm

Hello all,

Can I ask to the OP to pretty please make this version of Marlin available on Github?

By doing so you/we can merge upstream changes at any time and you don't need to worry about merging your changes by hand and make upload the firmware.

Thank you in advance,

Rilot

Post by Rilot » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:12 am

Thanks for this version of Marlin. I have adapted it for use with the i3 Pro W which I just couldn't get to work with 3DTouch and the original firmware. The thing would just ignore Z offsets. After 3 days of banging my head against a wall I decided to try and adapt your code.

Everything works fine now. Super happy.

robvoi

Post by robvoi » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Short question on the new Marlin releases:
I am runnung 1.0.2. No problems at the moment. I do not use BLTouch or similar. No need for bed leveling.

Is there any point in upgrading?