[Resolved] Extruder not turning

jackdouglas1234

[Resolved] Extruder not turning

Post by jackdouglas1234 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:29 am

This issue has been resolved.
The issue does seem to be the motherboard. If anyone does have any ideas on why this could have happended even though it has been resolved it would be nice to know.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Printer: A10M

So here is what happened.
I thought the heatsink fan was to loud so I bought a noctua fan to fix that, Before I purchased the fan I wanted to check the voltage of the fan header just to be sure it was 12v, so I got out my miltimeter to check it and my hand slipped and briged the fan header. This caused one of the fuses to blow (I ordered a replacement fuse and the it was fine). After I replaced the fuse I tried to move the extruder to repalce the filament (Yes i heated up the hotend to about 200c) and both extruders just would not turn.

Once I noticed they were not turning I did the following steps to try and debug the issue.

I modified my firmware to make it esier to debug. I disabled the extruder tempreture check so I would not have to heat up the hotend. This was safe todo as I removed the filament from the printer.

1. Tried different firmwares. (Marlin 2.0, Marlin 1.1.8 from geeetech github. both with the modification above)
2. Tried to plug the extruder stepper into X axis stepper cable. (The stepper moved fine so the issue is not the stepper motor)
3. Tried to plug the extruder cable into the X axis. (The X axis did not move so left with a controller issue, driver issue, bad cable)
4. Used jumpers to connect the X axis cable to the extruder port on the mainboard. (The X axis did not move so it is not a cable issue)
5. Connected the extruder cable to the X axis port with jumpers. (The stepper moved so its not a cable issue.)
6. I tried to move the X axis driver to the extruder driver pins. (The stepper did not move so it is not a driver issue. I tried this with all the other drivers also with TMC2208 drivers).
7. Checked the driver voltage. (It was about 1.1v)

So after debugging I contacted geeetech and have not had a response yet. (Its only been a few days so this is fine).
I just need to know what my next steps should be. I belive my mainboard to be dead, since both extruders do not work and i have done the above debug steps on both extruder steppers & connectors on the mainboard.

If my mainboard is dead thats fine I will just but a new one, I just would like to know if anyone has any other debug steps that I have not though of.
Last edited by jackdouglas1234 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: Extruder not turning

Post by William » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:47 am

Hi, You can provide your purchase order number,
Where do you buy the platform and email address?
According to your description, there may be a problem with the port of the motherboard.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

jackdouglas1234

Post by jackdouglas1234 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:53 am

Just after I posted this I recived an email from Carl. As such this is being handel via email thank you for your reply though

KaNo

Post by KaNo » Sat May 16, 2020 1:39 pm

jackdouglas1234 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:53 am
Just after I posted this I recived an email from Carl. As such this is being handel via email thank you for your reply though
How did you finally fixed the issue? I have the same problem.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon May 18, 2020 10:10 am

KaNo wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:39 pm
jackdouglas1234 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:53 am
How did you finally fixed the issue? I have the same problem.
Hi,What's the problem?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!