Extruder won't feed plastic

KingPaul

Extruder won't feed plastic

Post by KingPaul » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:53 pm

I've been googling and youtubing the problem like crazy. I'm guessing it's something super simple but I just can't get the plastic to feed. I heat up the head to 210c. I push down the release, get the plastic in as far as possible. Then I try to use the control panel to make the extruder feed, it feeds like half an inch then it stops moving. You can look inside and see the gear is still turning. I can't feed it manually with my hand, like I've seen people do. I've put a light under the hot end and looking into the top - I see no blockage.

It's the PLA starter plastic. 1.75mm. I believe the extruder is a MK8.

It's their Aluminum model.

I know it's not possible for you to know everything about every printer. I was just wondering if I was missing something simple or if this needs more research into my specific printer. Any help is appreciated. Only other printer I messed with was auto feeding and all you had to do was stick the plastic in.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Extruder won't feed plastic

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:43 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:

This condition, including the solution, is often described in this forum.

I can give you a hint to increase the spring pressure in the extruder feeder.
;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.