Rostock 301 extruder motor not able to push filament

Lami René

Re: Rostock 301 extruder motor not able to push filament

Post by Lami René » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Hello Veenoh,
Bonjour Veenoh,

You can find the original text into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte original en français.

Pour le voltage du pilote des 3 extrudeurs, je vous recommande le temps de solutionner le problème de le régler à votre maximum, du moment que c'est égal ou supérieur à 0.7Volt.

Pour du PLA à 215°C.

Si le voltage est a plus de 0.7Volt, que la buse n'est pas bloquée, que le filament circule facilement dans le tube Bowden, qu'il n'y a pas de filament qui sort de la buse et qu'il y a des sauts de pas de moteur, tout cela indiquerait que les moteurs des extrudeurs sont trop faibles. Dans ce cas, Geeetech devrait vous les changer gratuitement incluant les frais de livraison.

Cordialement,

L'ami René
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello Veenoh,

Excuse me, I am unilingual francophone and I use Google translator to translate the texts of the forum in French and to write to you in English. Thank you for your understanding and your indulgence for these texts translated mechanically!

For the pilot voltage of the 3 extruders, I recommend the time to solve the problem of setting it to your maximum, as long as it is equal to or greater than 0.7Volt.

For PLA at 215°C.

If the voltage is more than 0.7Volt, the nozzle is not blocked, the filament circulates easily in the Bowden tube, there is no filament coming out of the nozzle, and there is Motor jumps, this would indicate that the motors of the extruders are too low. In this case, Geeetech should change them free of charge including shipping costs.

Cordially,

The friend René
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177

AbeFM

Post by AbeFM » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:24 pm

I have pretty much the same issue, motor skips. Turning you current helps, but not enough.

Motor or driver needs an upgrade.

Veenoh

Post by Veenoh » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:54 pm

Although I have decided to convert my printer to a non-mixing hot end, just before doing this I did fix a problem that improved the extrusion somewhat. I disassembled the hot end and push a pin into the filament opening repeatedly after heating up the nozzle. Eventually, some contaminated material came out and the nozzle cleared. I think this might have been caused by moisture getting absorbed by my filament over time since it is fairly old. I dried the spool in a warming drawer at 50 deg C for a few hours and the filament became less brittle indicating there was indeed moisture contamination. I was then able to push filament and even make an attempt at printing. So this hot end seems to be more sensitive to moisture contamination than regular non-mixing ones.

That said, I'm still getting rid of the mixer. I am up now up to the place where I have the same printing experience as others but it is not good. I think the advantages of the mixer are outweighed by the poor and inconsistent quality, nozzle maintenance issues and inability to print in ABS.

AbeFM

Post by AbeFM » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:09 am

Thanks for sharing your experience with the mixing hot end. I want to try it as well, but it seems like go big or go home - 3 colors. :-)

How old was your filament?

I found that pulling apart my entire hot end, trimmer the stop on the extruder, getting everything lined up and tightened right fixed a lot of issues.

Veenoh

Post by Veenoh » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:59 am

AbeFM wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience with the mixing hot end. I want to try it as well, but it seems like go big or go home - 3 colors. :-)

How old was your filament?

I found that pulling apart my entire hot end, trimmer the stop on the extruder, getting everything lined up and tightened right fixed a lot of issues.
Filament is a couple of years old or so. The air is very dry here so I didn't think it would be a problem. Guess I was wrong.

Good luck with yours! If some kind of breakthrough happens I could convert back.

jeanbraga

Post by jeanbraga » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:36 am

My dear, I bought an M301 printer and I have this same problem, or rather, I have several problems.

The printer could not push the filament down, it starts to roar, I've already tried the 03 extruder and everyone has the same problem.
I also noticed that the extruder 01 does not heat the temperature is at 0.00 ° c, and the extruder 02 and 03 the temperature is at -19 ° c.

The nozzle of the printer does not heat up, the software most of the time does not respond properly, if I click on Home the Extruder descends, it does not remain in the position of printing, if I click on the Extruder it goes down until it reaches the table.

As I saw the printer in full operation on the internet I confess that I trusted the Geeetech brand a lot, but when I received the product I felt totally wrong, I hope to be able to solve my problem with the company. Do you or anyone else have similar problems and can you help me ???

Note: I tested the voltage with a multimeter and reached 4.7 volts

I contacted the company on skype, but no one answered.
Please help me!

Thank you very much in advance
Jean braga

(Google translator)
bang wrote:Maybe you can remove the filament from extruder then check if extruder motor moves properly.
Or change another driver from X/Y/Z motor to take a look.

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Hello,
Bonjour,

You can find the original text translated into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte originale en français.

Je vous recommande de consulter l'ensemble des sujets suivants :

https://www.geeetech.com/forum/search.p ... r_id=52717

Cordialement,

L'ami René
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello,

Excuse me, I am unilingual francophone and I use Google translator to translate the texts of the forum in French and to write to you in English. Thank you for your understanding and your indulgence for these texts translated mechanically!

I recommend that you consult all of the following topics:

https://www.geeetech.com/forum/search.p ... r_id=52717

Cordially,

Friend René
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177