Rostock 301 extruder motor not able to push filament

Veenoh

Rostock 301 extruder motor not able to push filament

Post by Veenoh » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:31 am

I finally installed metal extruders in my M301 along with a replacement hot end. Unfortunately the filament is not being pushed through the hot end sufficiently. I can hear the extruder clicking and see the gear not turning most of the time.

At first I thought the problem was that the extruder gear was slipping over the filament but now I clearly see it not turning. I've tried adjusted the voltage from .6 to 1.1V and that does not seem to have an effect. I've also shortened the tubes. My conclusion is that the stepper motor is just not capable of overcoming the resistance of the mixing hot end. I'm out of ideas for how to make this work.

bang

Re: Rostock 301 extruder motor not able to push filament

Post by bang » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Maybe you can remove the filament from extruder then check if extruder motor moves properly.
Or change another driver from X/Y/Z motor to take a look.

Veenoh

Post by Veenoh » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. The extruder pushes the filament perfectly until it reaches the hot end. All 3 extruders behave the same way.

bang

Post by bang » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:05 pm

So you mean it works normally now? :roll:

Veenoh

Post by Veenoh » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:11 pm

No. It pushes filament down the tube but fails when the filament reaches the hot end. It does not have enough force to push the filament through the hot end.

bang

Post by bang » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:12 am

You can force the filament to extrude with you hand,and maybe the nozzle has a problem(need to be cleaned or the diameter of it is not right) if the filament can't come out from it by manual extruding.

Veenoh

Post by Veenoh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:43 am

As others have reported, the filament comes out a little but the force required causes the motor to stall/skip. I have tried 2 hot ends, the latest test being with a brand new, clean unit. I have some small .4 mm drill bits and they can be inserted so the nozzle hole is correct.

It seems that some people are able to extrude filament so maybe there is some variability in the amount of force the motor can produce before it skips, or maybe differences in the viscosity of filaments. I did notice that more filament is extruded when I get up to around 210 degrees but the filament has pretty low viscosity at that temperature, resulting in sloppy prints. ABS worked even worse than PLA and even Geeetech is saying not to bother trying it.

bang

Post by bang » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:48 am

:? :? :?

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:43 am

Hello,
Bonjour,

You will find the original text translated into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte original en français.

Est-ce qu’aujourd'hui vous réussissez de belles impressions avec votre imprimante delta Geeetech Rostock 301 (M301) ?

Pas moi, je l'ai acheté le 24 septembre 2016 et reçu le 27 octobre 2016, mais aucune impression à ce jour, que des pièces défectueuses ou des erreurs de conception dans le choix des pièces ! Je suis en attente de pièces de remplacements.

Si comme moi vous n'avez pas de belles impressions 3D, voir des pistes de solution dans le sujet suivant :

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18578

Dans votre cas, il faudrait commencer par régler les problèmes de saut de pas du moteur des extrudeuses. Il ne doit jamais y avoir de saut de pas des moteurs en cours d'impression, que cela soit des moteurs pour les mouvements des axes ou des extrudeurs. Augmentez à coups de 0.05Volt le pilote de moteur des extrudeurs jusqu'à ce que l'engrenage glisse sur le filament et sans qu'il n'y est aucun saut de pas du moteur. Une fois terminé ce réglage, très bien nettoyer l'engrenage des 3 extrudeurs.

Cordialement,

L'ami René
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello,

Excuse me, I am unilingual francophone and I use Google translator to translate the texts of the forum in French and to write to you in English. Thank you for your understanding and your indulgence for these texts translated mechanically!

Do you make today beautiful prints with your Geeetech Rostock 301 (M301) delta printer?

Not me, I bought it on September 24, 2016 and received on October 27, 2016, but no impression to date, that defective parts or design errors in the choice of parts! I'm waiting for replacement parts.

If like me you do not have beautiful 3D impressions, see solution tracks in the following subject:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18578

In your case, you should start by adjusting the step-by-step problems of the extruder motor. There should be no jumping of motors during printing, be it motors for axle or extruder movements. Increase the motor driver of the extruders at 0.05Volt until the gear slips on the filament and there is no step step of the motor. When this is done, clean the gear of the 3 extruders thoroughly.

Cordially,

The friend René
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177

Veenoh

Post by Veenoh » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:00 am

Thanks, René. I've followed the discussions with you and others closely, and I think I have done all the corrections. The gear does not slip on the filament at all, especially with my metal extruders. I have tried the entire range of voltages and it does not seem to make much difference to the motor stalling. Printing at high temperatures (>215 deg) helps on one of the extruders but the print gets pretty sloppy at that temperature.

Thanks for all your posts and help.

--Dave