Rostock 301 Hotend Not Working on Brand New Printer

alexpulito

Re: Rostock 301 Hotend Not Working on Brand New Printer

Post by alexpulito » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi,

I'm haveing same problem.
I purchased it from your company (EBAY). When I purchased the printer kit, I received nozzle already assembled with cooling chambers and heating element.
It doesn't work!!
And I've problem in picture!

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:56 am

Hi,@alexpulito
What's your problem?
What exactly do you mean by "It doesn't work"?
More details would be appreciated.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

alexpulito

Post by alexpulito » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:16 pm

I have the same and the same problem that has Sam, and as Sam, I've other 2 printer (1 geetech with single extruder and 1 hamlet 3dx100) also :

"Rostock 301 Hotend Not Working on Brand New Printer
Postby Sam » 22 Aug 2016 14:00

I received my brand new Geeetech Rostock 301 printer few days ago and I completed assembly as per instruction booklet. I also performed Calibration connecting to Repeter Host. I sliced a 3d modal and tried to print. Printer moved in all directions but nothing came-out of the printer hotend except occasional droplets. I verified filament and all 3 filament were all the way into Hotend. I also noticed a leakage on top of Diamond End near one cooling chamber. Hotend came with Tubes already attached from you. I checked nozzle hole and it looked real tiny (I did not measure hole diameter as did not have that tiny tools to measure) when compared with my another Geeetech Printer with single extruder which I am operating for an year. I am trying with Starter filament came with printer along with 2 other ABS filaments I purchased separately. I even tried Heating upto 260 and moving extruder axis. Nothing came-out of hotend. It is real frustrating to see a brand new printer printed nothing. Appreciate any help resolving the issue as soon as possible.
Sam

IDENTICAL PROBLEM!

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:56 am

@alexpulito
Hi,

1.Have you unplugged the PTFE tube from the hotend and replug it to make sure it reaches the bottom of hotend?
And then extrude it in Repetier Host manually.

2.Did you check if the fan on the hotend was working?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

alexpulito

Post by alexpulito » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi,

1. Yes, i've unplugged the PTFE tube from the hotend and i've replugged it, assuring that it reaches the bottom of hotend.
2. I've extruded with repetier Host manually
3. Fan on Hotend is working

thank you

Winoo3D

Post by Winoo3D » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:24 pm

hi
even my brand new Geeetech G2S also having the problem, actually the hot end works but the extruder motor does'nt spin or rotate to extrude Filament through the hot end sometimes i have manually push the filament inside the extruder to extrude

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Hello alexpulito, raoulito9, Sam, Winoo3D,
Bonjour alexpulito, raoulito9, Sam, Winoo3D,

You will find the original text translated into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte original en français.

Est-ce qu’aujourd'hui vous réussissez de belles impressions avec votre imprimante delta Geeetech Rostock 301 (M301) ?

Pas moi, j'ai acheté le 24 septembre 2016 !

Voir des pistes de solution dans le sujet suivant :

http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 27&t=18578

Cordialement,

L'ami René
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello alexpulito, raoulito9, Sam, Winoo3D,

Excuse me, I am unilingual francophone and I use Google translator to translate the texts of the forum in French and to write to you in English. Thank you for your understanding and your indulgence for these texts translated mechanically!

Do you make today beautiful prints with your Geeetech Rostock 301 (M301) delta printer?

Not me, I bought on September 24, 2016!

See possible solutions in the following topic:

http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 27&t=18578

Cordially,

Friend René
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177

xwingred1

Post by xwingred1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:15 am

Same problem here.
Bought the 301 for Christmas, and have had nothing but trouble with the Diamond hot end, this is my 5th kit printer including a Prusa i3, Hictop i3, Home made D-Bot, and home made Large volume cartesian based on the Hictop so cosider myself to be somewhat of an old hand with printer kits and their inherent problems.
At first I couldn't get more than a light stringing of filament through at any temperature or E step value, and even with the extruder V-Ref set to 1.0V the extruder could not push filament trough the nozzle; only force it into the adjacent chambers, so I used the included nozzle cleaner to try to push out the blockage, I then dismantled the diamond and checked all of the holes with a piece of 0.3mm stainless wire, and 2mm drillbit, all seen to be clear as far as I could measure.
I then soaked the nozzle in d-limonene for 4 hours, and then overnight in acetone, I then tried to air blow through the nozzle and found it extremely difficult even to get air to pass through :( .
I have now tried heating the nozzle on a gas flame to burn out any solid obstructions that may be in there with limited success, I have spent around 6 Hours solid messing around cleaning and checking the nozzle and still have yet to get a half decent print due to under extrusion or complete loss of feed.
In the past, I have used Hex extruders, a cyclops, J-Head, several Chinese E3d's, and a dirt cheap Ebay 2 in 2 out dual, and would have to say that the Geeetech Diamond is without doubt the worst extruder I have ever had the misfortune to own.
There is no doubt a good Diamond hot end will work, and work very well....you only have to look at some of the Youtube videos to see that, but I think maybe the machining tollerances on my hot end at least are way outside of what would be required in order for it to work.
I will purchase a new hot end for this printer but oviously not from Geeetech, as I had upgraded all of the Acrylic parts to custom LASER Cut 8mm thick 6082 Aluminium parts prior to assembly (thinking that this would be a fantastic printer, not the bitter dissapointment it turns out to be).
Sadly, there is no way I could ever consider recommending this printer to other prospective buyers.

pianotech70

Post by pianotech70 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Well, the hotend seems to be an issue. I got my 301 two weeks ago, and the hotend did not produce more than a small web of filament. Yeah, I am not a novice, did all the checks BEFORE using the printer, disassembled the hotend to make sure it was adjusted correctly.... found it together but not right, parts loose, tubes not in far enough and also constricted some by the pinch of the tube adapter making it hard for the extruders to push filament through. Fixed all of that. Tried to print, almost no filament out of nozzle. Took it apart again, cleaned, checked holes.... hey... the hole in the nozzle is not much more than half the right diameter at best, and I think even smaller than that. It is just over .175. Couldn't even clean it right with drill. Couldn't even get air from a compressor to blow air through it... so the connections from the various extruders are not getting to the nozzle which appears to be too small anyway. Now, it is plugged so thoroughly, I have to order a new one, but do not want to wait for a month to get it.
I have 2 questions... 1) Is is possible that this is the result of a bad batch of hotends that somehow were not made correctly, as this seems to be a standard problem. and 2) how is the configuration of the nozzle set up? There seems to be a small melting chamber at the bottom of the extruder hole to gather and melt filament. Is this a chamber common to all three extruders so that all of the filament mixes there before being sent to the actual nozzle hole; or are there three chambers, one for each extruder and then a diagonal hole to connect each chamber to the nozzle hole? Is the nozzle hole drilled straight into a common mixing chamber so that it could be enlarged to .4mm with the proper drill? I ran a drill into the nozzle, and it hit bottom very quickly, and the blockage was metal. My conclusion therefore was that if the hole was supposed to go into a central mixing chamber, the actual hole into that chamber was even smaller than the drill I could get in the nozzle. I did not try to enlarge or extend that nozzle hole. It appears that the filaments either have to mix in a common chamber, and the hole of which comes directly out of the bottom into the nozzle, or that 3 holes...one from each chamber... mix at the nozzle end. If they mix at the nozzle, there is no conceivable way that a drill is going to clean out the holes to each chamber. Now what do I do? I have ordered a new hotend. Will I have the same issues? How can these hotends be cleaned effectively when I cannot even force air through a "clean" one with an air compressor? There simply is not enough clearance to send filament through it if air cannot find a path. Can someone post a diagram of the inside design of the hotend so that some of us can get a handle on how to approach cleaning these things? Please?

toady769

Post by toady769 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:34 am

Seems nothing has changed, I recieved one of these printers four weeks ago and the hot end extrudes only a fine hair which is thinner than a human hair, contact support and they want a video of the problem, which is stupid because this problem has been ongoing for a couple of years. Can anyone tell me where to get a new part not made by geetech that will go straight in with out too much fuss. And I have tried all the sugestions that are on the web and nothing fixes the problem.