Rostock 301 Hotend Not Working on Brand New Printer

Sam

Rostock 301 Hotend Not Working on Brand New Printer

Post by Sam » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:00 pm

I received my brand new Geeetech Rostock 301 printer few days ago and I completed assembly as per instruction booklet. I also performed Calibration connecting to Repeter Host. I sliced a 3d modal and tried to print. Printer moved in all directions but nothing came-out of the printer hotend except occasional droplets. I verified filament and all 3 filament were all the way into Hotend. I also noticed a leakage on top of Diamond End near one cooling chamber. Hotend came with Tubes already attached from you. I checked nozzle hole and it looked real tiny (I did not measure hole diameter as did not have that tiny tools to measure) when compared with my another Geeetech Printer with single extruder which I am operating for an year. I am trying with Starter filament came with printer along with 2 other ABS filaments I purchased separately. I even tried Heating upto 260 and moving extruder axis. Nothing came-out of hotend. It is real frustrating to see a brand new printer printed nothing. Appreciate any help resolving the issue as soon as possible.

William
Site Admin

Re: Rostock 301 Hotend Not Working on Brand New Printer

Post by William » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi,
I guess you didn't plug the filament into the metal barrel deep enough or maybe you have some clogging,cuz i had the same issue as you.So,have a double check on it.
Besides,the starter filament comes with the printer is PLA i guess.So i think you can test the different filaments respectively.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Sam

Post by Sam » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:50 pm

Thank you for your response. As I mentioned, I already verified all filaments were all the way in. After more analysis this is what I noticed: Something blocking Nozzle hole or Nozzle hole not done properly. All filaments melted inside Diamond end Chamber don't have a way coming down thru Nozzle hole started flowing reverse into cooling chambers. When it is at 260, I took a thin needle ( about 0.02mm) and tried to push thru nozzle hole. It did not go in. Blockage was so hard. To me it appears like a defective diamond end nozzle.

Sam

Post by Sam » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:58 am

Appreciate your quick response. As I stated in my original post, I verified that all 3 filaments were all the way into hotend. I spent 2 days troubleshooting all possible scenarios including Blockage before contacting support. I performed some more analysis last night after getting a Thin metal needle to check Nozzle blockage. As I stated, I noticed nozzle hole on this was real tiny when compared to my another Geeetech printer with Single Extruder (I am not expecting both will be same but expecting 301 nozzle hole at least 0.2mm). While hot-end was heated to 260, I took the thin needle (0.2mm) and tried to push thru nozzle hole. It went in probably 0.01mm and received heavy resistance and did not go in. Another point from my original post: I noticed a leakage on top of Diamond Hot-end from one of the cooling chamber and hot-end joint. Based on what I observed, so much filament went into the chamber (I placed measuring marks on filament) and melted to liquid. It did not find a way to come-out of nozzle hole easily and then started flowing back into cooling chambers. To me it appears like I received a defective diamond Hot-end. Melted ABS/PLA liquid very slowly building a drop under nozzle and falling (Occasional droplets from nozzle hole). This could be due to bad nozzle hole. I tried to post all this in the morning and it appeared like submit went thru but did not see it here. So, posting this again.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Sam wrote:Appreciate your quick response. As I stated in my original post, I verified that all 3 filaments were all the way into hotend. I spent 2 days troubleshooting all possible scenarios including Blockage before contacting support. I performed some more analysis last night after getting a Thin metal needle to check Nozzle blockage. As I stated, I noticed nozzle hole on this was real tiny when compared to my another Geeetech printer with Single Extruder (I am not expecting both will be same but expecting 301 nozzle hole at least 0.2mm). While hot-end was heated to 260, I took the thin needle (0.2mm) and tried to push thru nozzle hole. It went in probably 0.01mm and received heavy resistance and did not go in. Another point from my original post: I noticed a leakage on top of Diamond Hot-end from one of the cooling chamber and hot-end joint. Based on what I observed, so much filament went into the chamber (I placed measuring marks on filament) and melted to liquid. It did not find a way to come-out of nozzle hole easily and then started flowing back into cooling chambers. To me it appears like I received a defective diamond Hot-end. Melted ABS/PLA liquid very slowly building a drop under nozzle and falling (Occasional droplets from nozzle hole). This could be due to bad nozzle hole. I tried to post all this in the morning and it appeared like submit went thru but did not see it here. So, posting this again.
Hi,Sam
Sorry for the late reply.
I guess you received a Ejector Pin in your package,which is used to clear the clogging in your nozzle,and it makes no sense by your 0.2 needle i think...
So i think you can try it again:
1.Unplug the three PTFE tubes from the metal tubes by pressing down the blue piece which is on the top of the metal tube.
QQ截图20160824151304.jpg
QQ截图20160824151304.jpg (45.15 KiB) Viewed 18649 times
2.Then heat up the hotend to the melting temp(depends on what filament you're using),plug hard the Ejector Pin into the three metal tubes for several times respectively,you'll see a lot of clogging coming out.
QQ截图20160824151348.jpg
QQ截图20160824151348.jpg (4.3 KiB) Viewed 18649 times
3.After the unclogging,plug the PTFE tubes to where it was.Remember to plug it into deep enough until it reaches the bottom of the metal and you can't insert it a little any more.I think everything will get better after you have done all of above.
Let me konw how it goes plz and a video about the clogging issue would be appreciated.

Regards

Sam

Post by Sam » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:22 pm

Thank you. Actually, I did try the method with ejector pin earlier which you mentioned. But I tried with only one extruder earlier as I couldn't able to push blue cap on remaining 2 to open. As you suggested, I did try the method again removing ptfe tubes from all three extruders and heating to 240 and then pushing ejector pin from all 3 extruder holes. Nothing came-out of nozzle hole. I tried for an hour without any luck. I tried again this time raising temperature to 260. No luck again. All the time, I could feel soft liquid inside but it is not coming-out of nozzle. I purchased Micro Corbonate bits of all sizes and tried to see anything struck in Nozzle hole causing the problem. Just like the needle test earlier, it went little bit and received very heavy resistance. I could feel it was metal. This also indicating defective nozzle hole. This is a Brand new printer which I received last week and assembled it immediately (I am not new to 3D printing and assembling 3d printers). I expected to see some filament coming out of nozzle after assembly but until now I did not see anything coming-out of this nozzle except frustration. I am posting few minutes of video as requested (I did not capture for full 2 hours of struggle today because of limited file size on my phone). Upload of the full resolution file failing after 87% upload. So, I reduced video quality to reduce file size upto 30mb. Still your server throwing error to accept the file after 100% upload saying MP4 format is not allowed. I converted to MKV, MOV etc... Your server rejecting all formats. Please let me know what formats you are allowed and in future I can save time. I tried to upload ZIP file and then it tells me your server don't accept any file with more than 5mb. I am posting a Link here for you to access the video.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7JFw ... zM3YVlLMmM

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Hi,Sam
Sorry for the inconvenience to you.
Having read all you've done,maybe as you said,the nozzle hole is the key of the problem,i think it's time to contact the seller for a nozzle replacement for this hotend.
Besides,about the file,you can upload your video on youtube and post a link,don't worry we have an access to it.
Regards

Sam

Post by Sam » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:44 pm

Thank you for your support. I purchased it from your company and contacted support. Support personal is going to replace the nozzle. Here is the problem. When I purchased the printer kit, I received nozzle already assembled with cooling chambers and heating element. Preparing for nozzle replacement, I tried to dismantle the part 60. I could able to remove cooling chambers. But I was unable to remove Heating element, temperature sensor and threaded part of heat sink. This modal is little bit different from the modal I was aware of (which is RepRap Diamond hotend). I did not want to apply more pressure without knowing how it was assembled as that can damage the part. Please provide instructions on how to replace nozzle in this modal. Appreciate.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:03 pm

Sam wrote:Thank you for your support. I purchased it from your company and contacted support. Support personal is going to replace the nozzle. Here is the problem. When I purchased the printer kit, I received nozzle already assembled with cooling chambers and heating element. Preparing for nozzle replacement, I tried to dismantle the part 60. I could able to remove cooling chambers. But I was unable to remove Heating element, temperature sensor and threaded part of heat sink. This modal is little bit different from the modal I was aware of (which is RepRap Diamond hotend). I did not want to apply more pressure without knowing how it was assembled as that can damage the part. Please provide instructions on how to replace nozzle in this modal. Appreciate.
Hi,
There are 3 screws in total on the surface of nozzle,2 for heating element and 1 for thermistor.You can tight and loosen the screws to fix the heating parts.

raoulito9

Post by raoulito9 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:21 am

Hi Sam.

I got the same problem.
I can extrude but only a very small amount of plastic, absolutely not enough for a correct print.
I ordered a new diamond, hoping mine is bad drilled...