Extruder heating problems

Brunetti91

Extruder heating problems

Post by Brunetti91 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:11 pm

I just finished assembling my prusa I3 X and as soon as the extruder got to 200 degrees something popped in the extruder heat block and now it wont read temp or heat up. What can I do to fix this issue?

Mark

Re: Extruder heating problems

Post by Mark » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:40 pm

you might need to check the heater resistance according to this link , see if it is shorted out. Or maybe the wirings are shorted out.
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=17039

3dtech
Location: MONA TILES COMPOUND, NR. CHHANI CIRCLE, CHHANI ROAD, VADODARA - 390002. GUJARAT, INDIA.

Re: Extruder heating problems

Post by 3dtech » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:50 pm

If there is just some dirt or carbonized material in the nozzle or another hot end part, it’s important to clean it. Therefore it is recommended to use the Atomic Method, which is a simple though very effective way of cleaning the hot end. Especially if the dirt in the hot end is bigger than the nozzle diameter, the only way to get it out is from the top.

We also advise to use the Atomic Method when switching from a material that needs a high nozzle temperature to a material that needs a lower nozzle temperature, for example when switching from ABS to PLA. There may still be some residue of the previous material in the nozzle and it is important to get this out first.