Extruder Motor blocks but its extruding

FluksikartoN

Extruder Motor blocks but its extruding

Post by FluksikartoN » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:37 pm

the url of the video to see what im talking about its not very clear:
http://sendvid.com/yegsv3kb

So its normal that the Extuder motor is blocking somewhere but it still extrudes how to fix that what could be a problem im using Geeetech Prusa i3 X PRO
http://www.geeetech.com/unassembledgeee ... 4dfj0dkmj2

Mark

Re: Extruder Motor blocks but its extruding

Post by Mark » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:03 pm

what material do you use, how's the temperature? And use the ejector pin to clean up the hotend see if there's cooled filament inside the hotend.
Also there is a piece of PTFE tube inside the end of the thread throat tube, if you use too high temperature let's say above 240 degrees for a long time, it might be melted.

FluksikartoN

Post by FluksikartoN » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:49 am

I use Black PLA 1.75mm trying to print at 200 C now as you told me for 10 minutes im testing the extruder with 240 C so if anything is cooled downthere in the tube it should be melted and the motor should not block again but its still blocking now i see zero extrution when testing the extruder i only see how the motor is trying to push the filament down the tube then it blocks and returns

The Plat with all the electronics is also pining red i guess something is not right

FluksikartoN

Post by FluksikartoN » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:54 am

Also the strange thing is that even with my hand to push the filament while making distance from the Motor and the Wheel with my hand i cannot push it so i think really down there is cooled
But for 10mintes at 240C it should be melted strange

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:05 pm

when colgged, though the temperature is high enough, it will not come out from the other end, you need to clean it up with the ejector pin.