Prusa i3 pro C - dual extruder extruder offset fine tuning

ric chin

Re: Prusa i3 pro C - dual extruder extruder offset fine tuni

Post by ric chin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:24 am

I m going to try the solution put forward by "Jaitas"...

But I am quite confident in saying...that is not the correct solution, and maybe someone from Geetech should provide the correct form ware so that it works correctly...maybe

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:54 pm

But it works in my settings ..weird :o

ric chin

Post by ric chin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:24 am

Has any one found a solution to the offset on he Prusa I3 with the dual heads yet?...sure would like to print with both heads aligned...has firmware been developed or have you guys moved on?

cyberprince2010

Post by cyberprince2010 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:51 pm

jaitas wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:12 pm
Hello

I managed to find a good solution by applying extruder offset settings via setting g-code strings to the printer.

You can sen g-code lines to printer with repetetier host.
1. send command "M218" -> it will return your current extruder offsets and using that information you can calculate your new offsets.
2. send command "M218 T<extruder_number> X<offset_on_X> Y<offset_on_Y>" (where T=0 is extruder 1 and T=1 is extruder 2. Offsets seperated by point for example T1 X32.00 Y0.50)
3. Verify that you have correct numbers by sending "M218" again.
5. Save settings to EEPROM by command M500
6. Remember to erase all extruder offsets froms slic3r / cura etc.

Here's more comprehensive post about g-code commands: http://www.marlinfirmware.org/index.php ... _in_Marlin

(also a disclaimer that use this at your own risk I won't take any guarantee how this works in every case but it worked in mine)

So now my extruder heads are aligned and next to start battling the big oozing issue I have with these nozzles!

p.s. and yes Mark I have leveled my extruder heads :)
I am wondering if you had resolved the oozing issue. This post just help me to solve the dual extruder print issue with my printer, however I am still having a big problem with oozing. I have already reduce the ABS temperature to 210. not sure what to try at this point