Need help with finding a good Controller board

mexelmets46

Need help with finding a good Controller board

Post by mexelmets46 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:49 pm

Hey, I'm currently preparing to make my first ever 3D printer, and I'm wondering if you guys could fill me in on what the best Controllers for my application would be.

I need help finding a board that might be cheaper and more convenient for a beginner than a duet wifi.

-- here's my criteria:

under/maximum 120£

convenient connectors for electronics and drivers(no soldering)

must be work with 24v electronics(fans,hotend etc...)

should be capable of dual extrusion(not main priority, but nice for the future)

should use firmware that has a lot of users and resources available to resolve issues with.

must work well with TMC2130 stepsticks.

--

I also have some questions regarding controllers and print quality:

Whats the difference between a 8bit controller and 32bit controller besides clock speed and processing power? to me it just seems like snake oil unless your file is super complex and/or you have a tool changing printer, which you'd need an expansion board for anyway.

--

What brands should I avoid and who can I trust? when shopping for hotends i went for a genuine 24v e3d v6, because people tolde me knockoff hotends are a huge waste of money and aren't as good/safe. But when it comes to controllers, everything seems to be produced by no-name Chinese companies with bad grammar in their product descriptions. would be nice to know which ones will electrocute me, and which ones will burn down my house and so on...

-- My printer isn't exactly complex, it's basically a stantard um2 type printer with a Titan geared extruder and E3d v6 and 24v electronics.

thanks in advance :D