Exchange GT2560 broken?

cRaZyT

Exchange GT2560 broken?

Post by cRaZyT » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:33 am

Hi,
this thread relates to my former ticket: https://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopi ... 430#p37430

By the way, the customer support from my dealer was perfect until now and I hope the "new" problem could be fixed.

After I had problems with a broken FTI chip, i received after a couple of days a new exchange GT2560 board.
Today I change the old board with the new one, plugged in everything like it was before on the old board an switched the printer on. First effect was the LCD show only 2 black bars instead of the normal startup screen.
Then I thougt, Ok maybe there is no pre installed firmware on the chip and I turned the printer off and connected the board via USB with my PC to upload the original geeetech firmware for my I3X Pro but what should I say, my PC didn't find the new board as device and on the board non of the leds was shining / blinking, it seams to be dead. Due to the fact that the LCD was shining I powered the printer on again, the board was found by USB as new device and all LED's are shineing like a christmas tree without turing into a blink mode after a while. My old board didn't do that, the LED's where blinking after a few seconds (no matter if powered on or not). A firmware upload was also not possible I received a timeout error message from the board. Before the FTI chip broke on my old board I was able to upload the geetech firmware without powering the printer on, the USB voltage/power was enough to manage the board.

Any hints or tip what I could try to get the new board working?

William
Site Admin

Re: Exchange GT2560 broken?

Post by William » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi,
First,as to your LCD problem,here is a related post which you can refer to:viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17040;
After that,as to your timeout error problem,maybe your Arduino version is too high,and the version 1.0.1 will be more stable to complie.You can check this post to see more detail:viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17102. :)
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

cRaZyT

Post by cRaZyT » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:44 am

Hi William,

thx for your answer. The reason for my problem is that there is missing a small SMD part on the board at position F2 right behind the USB connector. This causes that the USB connection is not working and without a working USB connection I can't upload the necessary firmware to the new and not flushed board. Maybe you know the part and it's specifications.

rotormansa

Post by rotormansa » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:38 am

that is the 1/2A fuse for the USB. I briefly looked at the schematic, I think the fuse is there to more or less protect your PC but I think it's not needed since most USB ports limit themselves to 500mA anyways. To get you going you can solder in a fast acting 500mA fuse. A local hardware store or automotive store should have one but you'll not find one this small so you'll have to somehow dead-bug it in place... at least to get you going.

cRaZyT

Post by cRaZyT » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:28 pm

rotormansa wrote:that is the 1/2A fuse for the USB. I briefly looked at the schematic, I think the fuse is there to more or less protect your PC but I think it's not needed since most USB ports limit themselves to 500mA anyways. To get you going you can solder in a fast acting 500mA fuse. A local hardware store or automotive store should have one but you'll not find one this small so you'll have to somehow dead-bug it in place... at least to get you going.
Sorry for the late answer, dId you mean something like this one: http://www.sunrom.com/p/500ma-pptc-resettable-fuses

rotormansa

Post by rotormansa » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:43 pm

that would work... my aging eyes can't work on stuff that tiny even with my magnifier. I'm not sure what the thinking is from the designer of the board why they felt the need to fuse the USB interface. If you have an expendable external USB hub and can't rework the board to put new 500mA fuse in place, then you could just put a solder blob over the fuse location and short the fuse out. Just plug the printer into a usb hub (one you don't care if it gets fried) and you should be good to go. If all works and the hub doesn't get fried then you could safely plug the printer into your pc without harming your pc. It's your decision.... But if you can rework the board those re settable fuses should work.

Producer_Phil

Post by Producer_Phil » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:58 pm

Hey I'm facing the exact same problem, did you Solve your Problem in the meanwhile and have a solution ?