RUMBA Board

brisrascal

RUMBA Board

Post by brisrascal » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi I have the RUMBA Board which i am in the middle of setting up but have encountered some problems.

The board is detected and I have installed Marlin V1 through Arduino 1.5.6 r2. I have manged to have the board connected via Repetier Host and Printr. However I am experiencing a number of problems. The board is setup to be powered off USB. Am using 12V input power supply.

#1 Stepper Motors not moving

This is a blank board with only the DRV drivers installed. I have not connected any else besides the DRV boards and the X axis stepper. Although I am connected to the Repetier application, I am not about to send a command moving the motor. Did I make a mistake somewhere or do i need to populate the entire board to it final hardware setup configuration?

#2 Smart Controller

I am trying to install and make use of the Smart Controller (Geetech LCD 2004 Controller) onto the RUMBA board but it does not seem to work. I have updated the Marlin Firmware enabling the controller but to avail. Again did I go wrong somewhere?

Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.

Kenneth

William
Site Admin

Re: RUMBA Board

Post by William » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:02 pm

brisrascal wrote:Hi I have the RUMBA Board which i am in the middle of setting up but have encountered some problems.

The board is detected and I have installed Marlin V1 through Arduino 1.5.6 r2. I have manged to have the board connected via Repetier Host and Printr. However I am experiencing a number of problems. The board is setup to be powered off USB. Am using 12V input power supply.

#1 Stepper Motors not moving

This is a blank board with only the DRV drivers installed. I have not connected any else besides the DRV boards and the X axis stepper. Although I am connected to the Repetier application, I am not about to send a command moving the motor. Did I make a mistake somewhere or do i need to populate the entire board to it final hardware setup configuration?

#2 Smart Controller

I am trying to install and make use of the Smart Controller (Geetech LCD 2004 Controller) onto the RUMBA board but it does not seem to work. I have updated the Marlin Firmware enabling the controller but to avail. Again did I go wrong somewhere?

Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.

Kenneth
Hi,Kenneth
Sounds like you didn't upload the firmware successfully...
If you had checked it and everything is right,have a try on arduino version 1.0.1:
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _Resources
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

brisrascal

Post by brisrascal » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:56 pm

I am using it with the DRV driver boards. What is the recommended voltage for use ? Thanks.

Do i need to plug everything down or can i just test functionality with only the usb and stepper drivers hooked up?

brisrascal

Post by brisrascal » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:37 pm

I have traced the fault to a weak power supply. However the stepper motor is starting on its own. I have uploaded the Repetier Firmware and it is able to connect to the board. The problem I am now facing is having control of the stepper movements. :) I cannot seem to control the motion of the motor.

brisrascal

Post by brisrascal » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:44 am

Latest update

Got the LCD operating. Now am getting a Maxtemp Err Msg on the LCD. The Temp readout is a bit high at 500. Where is that 500 reading coming from? Is there a short somewhere? I can connect the board to a print application. The x axis stepper makes some noise but does not move.

500/0 ,/0 on the LCD

Error msg using Pronterface

Error:0: Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered !
Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
[ERROR] Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
Last edited by brisrascal on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:10 am

brisrascal wrote:Latest update

Got the LCD operating. Now am getting a Maxtemp Err Msg on the LCD. The Temp readout is a bit high at 500. Where is that 500 reading coming from? Is there a short somewhere? I can connect the board to a print application. The x axis stepper makes some noise but does not move.
Hi,
1.Did your DRV8825 have a right plugging direction and subdivision?The plugging direction is different from A4988's,and the subdivsion is 1/16.
2.The recommended voltage for DRV8825 is approx 0.4V.
3.As for the Maxtemp error,i guess there was a short circuit in your thermistor circuit,have a double check on it plz.

brisrascal

Post by brisrascal » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:26 pm

Will check on the DRV voltage and step settings. However, for the thermistor circuit i checked and there are no shorts. What can be the problem? I have switched betwen two thermistors. One thing though. With out the thermistor installed in T0 the LCD reads 500 degrees, after i have installed the thermistor in T0 it drops to 476 degrees. I have nothing else plugged in.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:54 pm

brisrascal wrote:Will check on the DRV voltage and step settings. However, for the thermistor circuit i checked and there are no shorts. What can be the problem? I have switched betwen two thermistors. One thing though. With out the thermistor installed in T0 the LCD reads 500 degrees, after i have installed the thermistor in T0 it drops to 476 degrees. I have nothing else plugged in.
You can unplug the two thermistors to see how the LCD displays.If it still reads high temp,you can check if the board has a problem on your T0/T1 port like the following pic:
001.jpg
001.jpg (41.02 KiB) Viewed 14304 times

brisrascal

Post by brisrascal » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:22 pm

i can't seem to find the location of the points. can you show me where on the board?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:03 pm

brisrascal wrote:i can't seem to find the location of the points. can you show me where on the board?
I mean the back of T0 pin on your board,and see if it has the same issue as the pic i attached.