M201 heatbed terminal burned out on control board

Obewon 99

M201 heatbed terminal burned out on control board

Post by Obewon 99 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:04 am

I was having erratic printing behavior with prints any substantial area or height (printer would stop and wait move a short distance then stop and wait again and again over and over etc.
I had a skull print runing (about 16 hours worth according to Repetier-host) when it was getting higher in the Z axis it started acting up . I made a movie but unable to attach it to post.
I kept it running and checking it until midnight. Got up at 6:00 am it was running but Y axis motor was making all kinds of noises and extremely hot ! And the heatbed was cold. So I let it cooldown.
When I went back it took several tries to get Y axis to move correctly, but the heatbed just would not heat. So I checked the resistance of the heatbed and got 2.5 ohms between black and red and 0 ohms between black and black and 0 ohms between red and red, not sure but from what I've read 2.5 ohms might be a high reading.
when I tried to disconnect the heat bed from the control board ,the green portions of the connector would not seperate from each other, so I had to dismantle the control board from the printer.
I could then see that the side of the connector was burnt and the solder to it on the bottom side of the board was also burnt away. Pictures attached !
I haven't even had this printer 4 months and have had to replace both Xand Y axis linear bearings ,smooth rods and driven pulley bearings. And have ordered Z axis lead screws and nuts and linnear bearings just in case . NOW THE CONTROL BOARD IS OUT !! What next ??
Need Geetech to replace control board / heat bed . I expected to make repairs somewhere along the line but !!
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (112.15 KiB) Viewed 6194 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (95.7 KiB) Viewed 6194 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (89.59 KiB) Viewed 6194 times

Toy
Site Admin

Re: M201 heatbed terminal burned out on control board

Post by Toy » Wed May 18, 2016 11:18 am

In fact, the hot bed part on board is easily to brun out, you'd better not do a long time printing job.

Obewon 99

Post by Obewon 99 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:39 pm

In fact, the hot bed part on board is easily to brun out, you'd better not do a long time printing job.

How long is a long time for this printer ? :?:

Toy
Site Admin

Post by Toy » Thu May 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Obewon 99 wrote:In fact, the hot bed part on board is easily to brun out, you'd better not do a long time printing job.

How long is a long time for this printer ? :?:
Usually we don't print over 10 hours.