Electrical short in hotend wire

kb3lnn

Re: Electrical short in hotend wire

Post by kb3lnn » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:58 am

Hello again well I finally figured it out, and from the start I never heard the proper steps for set up, is that once you download the zip file then you run "Arduino" you load file "Marlin" into "Arduino" then once com ports are selected and the correct board is selected then you compile the file witch sends or flash to your board. You see I was completely new to this and had no idea what I was doing or just what to do. I did kinda think that marlin had to be put in to something so I loaded it into the Repeater and tried that with run but as you know that did not work but it changed some charters on the lcd. Then it HIT me. LOL But I did learn something and thank's for you time. But the situation is still the same, after boot extuder 1=111 & 2=245 bed seem's to function ok. So I am going to order a new board. But my Question now is will the new board have the flash info all ready like is was in the original kit form geetech even if I get it from a third party. And again Thank's

Robert KB3LNN

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:48 pm

I think you can tell the sales to test the board in I3 pro C before send it to you.

kb3lnn

Post by kb3lnn » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:49 am

Thank's But I think I can Flash the Board now with no problems now. I can say that this has been a learning experience for me. I did however manage to flash the board and got it to function somewhat, the temps are still not right from the start but can still print things again. And for that I thank you all. This will hold me until the new boards comes in. By the way I ordered two, one for backup, in case I have this problem down the line. Thank's again :-)

Robert KB3LNN