GT2560 A+ supposed to power up only via usb?

Producer_Phil

GT2560 A+ supposed to power up only via usb?

Post by Producer_Phil » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:09 pm

Hey guys, i faced timeout issues while trying to upload new firmware to my GT 2560 A+.
Tried several usb cords and different Arduino IDE versions (1.8.5,1.8.3,1.0.1)
Nothing worked, i read somewhere that the board might be drawing to much power over the usb connection which causes voltage fluctuation and therefore the upload fails...
so I unplugged all attachments from the board and only connected it via usb to my laptop. The board is not booting up at all unless i plug in the second powersupply.
Is this behavior normal?
Im affraid it has something to do with my uploading issue...

rigidvertex

Re: GT2560 A+ supposed to power up only via usb?

Post by rigidvertex » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:27 am

Hello,

I just replaced my first GT2560 card. I just updated the new one just plugging it into the USB port without any other power supply.

Just above the USB port of the control board you must have an LED "on" green which means that your card is powered.

On my old GT2560, the LED only lit half a second.

Producer_Phil

Post by Producer_Phil » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:58 pm

Mine doesn't even light up....so i guess my board is gone aswell....

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:31 pm

You can test the voltage of here(Normal is 3.8----5V) (USB cable supply power only)
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV.png
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 12638 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Producer_Phil

Post by Producer_Phil » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:21 pm

Hey william i just did as you said and 0 Volts on the connection you've drawn in that picture so i guess the board is gone

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:11 pm

The test performed indicates that the power supply on the controller board may not work or the input voltage does not reach it.

In the picture - the bottom left corner, you can see two identical elements in the sockets.
They are fuses. I would check if they are conducting tension.

Producer_Phil

Post by Producer_Phil » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:34 am

I checked the fuses, both are good. If i bridge the connection at F2 the board powers up and i can measure 5V but I'am still unable to upload sketches

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Producer_Phil wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:34 am
I checked the fuses, both are good. If i bridge the connection at F2 the board powers up and i can measure 5V but I'am still unable to upload sketches
You can upload the attach files now
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

VectorRoll

Post by VectorRoll » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:27 am

I had similar issue as the OP with Timeout's during Firmware Uploads. I had the board plugged in for a little while and it was working fine but then this happened. I initially tried different usb ports, settings, ect.,. When I looked at the GT2560 there is a little green led right behind the USB Port on the board. It was lit but very faintly. It would light up fine when plugged into the PSU just not when only powered through the USB. Initially one thinks to worry that it may be the board itself... BUT ...I knew something about my PC that got me thinking right away. For me I just rebooted my PC that I was using. After rebooting the GT2560 worked fine. For me my PC has had occasional issues with USB devices. Sometimes the ports get wonky. Things plugged into them loose connection and sometimes they wont power devices. I have a particular issues with some memory card readers. I think USB Ports just wear out over time and my PC is past do for a upgrade. :)

Anyways... I would look into the PC as well to see if the ports on it are actually the issue. Just a suggestion. Try a reboot or a fresh driver for them. At least before you decide replace a board.

Producer_Phil

Post by Producer_Phil » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:53 pm

Appreciate your reply, but by now i triple checked the drivers. Also installed several different drivers and to make sure its not due to a bad USB port or cord I tested the board on 4. different pc's (one mac) and also with 3. different cords on each machine.