New Sanguinololu board _ Major Z axis moving problem

DavidP

New Sanguinololu board _ Major Z axis moving problem

Post by DavidP » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:17 am

I had to replace the Sanguinololu board in my Geeetech Aluminum printer ... The board would no longer tell the bed to heat ... I replaced it with the same model board, with everything working well, even the heat bed working well now ... everything except the Z axis :-(
The Z axis moves in both directions, manually and when using the usb card to make a print ... BUT ... It moves Very Fast and greater distance than was specified :-(
I have checked the Z axis wiring and that all the jumpers are in place, I changed out the A4988 Stepper Driver Modules with others known as being good, I re flashed the Firmware (from Geeetech) to insure it was properly installed on the board ...
I don't know what to try next ... unless it is the Z axis on the new board ???
I'm about to put the old board back in and learn to live without a heated bed ... :-(
Any suggestions on where to look would be greatly appreciated ...

William
Site Admin

Re: New Sanguinololu board _ Major Z axis moving problem

Post by William » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:11 am

Hi,I want to know whether the Z axis are working fine when you put the old board back in?If so,the new board may have some problems.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Yes, the the old board is working fine now ... everything just as it was prior to installing the new board ... just that I lose the benefit having the heated bed ... which was why I bought a new board originally ...
I suspected that there may of been a fault in the new board, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't something I had failed to do ...
Is there anything else I should checking before I contact the vendor ?

I hadn't actually put in the old board before asking ... I was hoping I may of missed something ... but I have now to test it again and can continue using if for now without a heated bed ...

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Sat May 27, 2017 9:55 am

I'm still trying to figure out what's happening with the new boards on my Geeetech Aluminum printer
I did contact the seller (Geeetech) when I first had this problem with the new replacement board I purchased ... and was happily surprised when they said it must be the board itself, and sent me out a new Sanguinololu board to fix the problem ...
I still have the same problem ... :-(
The heated bed works fine ... but the Z axis moves several times the speed & distance it should ...
The board we thought was causing the problem and the new board they sent me ... both are # T/0042 700-001-0027 dated (9/2016) & (12/2016)
I reinstalled the original Sanguinololu board again ... and everything is working well again ... except for the heated bed ...
The original board 'may' of been a T/0049 800-001-0130 ?? from a number on the packaging I still had from when I originally assembled the printer this past December ...
Is it possible there could be different firmware or settings required, or a different arrangement of the pins for a different series of Sanguinololu board ??
They do look identical & all pins are installed in all 3 boards ...

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat May 27, 2017 10:24 am

Hi,maybe you can send a video showing the detail to get it clearer.

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Sat May 27, 2017 8:20 pm

William wrote:Hi,maybe you can send a video showing the detail to get it clearer.
I'll see what I can do ... might be a couple of days ... have to switch over the board again when I have the time ... try to figure out how to edit / post a video
Might be just a quick series of pictures ... since the new boards just make a mess after the 1st couple of layers ...

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Mon May 29, 2017 6:59 am

William wrote:Hi,maybe you can send a video showing the detail to get it clearer.

Thanks William:

I made a couple of video's showing how the printer was working ... but I was unable to download here for some reason ... :(
If I can email this as an attachment, or you could let me know what format you want the video in ... I'll be happy to send it to you ... or post it to this thread ...

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon May 29, 2017 9:47 am

Hi,you can upload it on Youtube or something like that .Then just send the video link on this post.

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Mon May 29, 2017 11:47 am

Thank you for your quick response with my last few questions William ...
I've posted a couple of videos on YouTube ... Sorry for the quality ...
I've checked the jumpers and updated the firmware on both the old and new Sanguinololu boards ... 1 works (old)(except heated bed) 1 doesn't (new)(Z axis travel)
The 1st video ... is just a short video of the old board working on blue painters tape ... everything working except the heated bed ... https://youtu.be/qTwy0VfTiVM
The 2nd video ... is attempting to print with the new board with heated bed ... everything is working except the increased speed & travel of the Z axis ... https://youtu.be/XdIVTpEOUmI

I had to add a neg .6mm offset to the Z axis to get the first layer to stick to the bed at all ...
Although it was set for 2mm layer height ... its obviously more than that ... even though the display shows just the 2mm layer height ...
When I manually raise the Z axis using the display ... a 10mm increase shown on the display, is a measured 64mm (approx) ... a 15mm increase shown on the display is a measured 97mm ... (approx)
The speed on the Z axis seems to be 2-3+ times faster ... but the X & Y axis are the normal speed ???
All 3 axis (X,Y,Z) are working normally on the old board ... as it has since I first assembled the printer ...

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon May 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi,according to the second video,I think the firmware may be wrong.To get the correct one,I suggest you to upgrade the lastest firmware with EasyPrint 3D.
Here is the download link:
http://www.geeetech.net/firmware/EasyPrint.msi.
And here is the instructional video you can refer to
:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ua4vM ... pqufTgHOgE.
Please feel freely to let me know your lastest situation after that.