I3 pro b all stepper motors moving slow

I3 pro b all stepper motors moving slow

Post by 156801 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi,
Was setting the z offset and the steppers started making a noise so turned the machine off as I though it was hitting the glass.

Started up again and noticed the software was saying 10 commands waiting and I noticed the Steppers not moving. Gave up at this time.

Next day checked baud rate etc still commands waiting error. II did notice that the stepper motors were turning command g28 but very slow, So slow that you do not notice movement but you can hear the motor and see the lock screw on the motor very slow.

I looked for loose wires but could not find any. While tilting the machine to check the wires underneath I did get a electric shock. Checked again for worn wiring but could not see anything. Power on, and put multimeter on power supply cover which showed .004 so hopefully no more shocks. I checked the voltage on the stepper module and showed 1.2 voltage..

All motors are slow. and when moving the z axis when using the knob on lcd gives a warning buzzer noise.

Any help would be appreciated..

Robert

William
Site Admin

Re: I3 pro b all stepper motors moving slow

Post by William » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:12 pm

Hi, you can check if the motor line of each axis is connected to the corresponding position. Then measure the drive board voltage (0.8-1.2V).
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Post by 156801 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Thanks for the reply William.

Not sure what you mean by
check if the motor line of each axis is connected to the corresponding position.
I checked the voltage and all set to 1.2 volts. And 5 volts

The x and y motors are moving the extruded at a speed of 30 mm per minute. The z motors not sure of speed as it sounds as if a alarm is going off.

What ever the problem is, it affects all the motors and started at the same time.

Tried flashing the board but did not change anything.

Any thoughts?

Robert

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi, you can try AUTO HOME to determine if there is a problem with the limit switch; then check if the fan is normal and the z-axis motor is working properly. You can exchange the motor wires of each axis for viewing.

Post by 156801 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:00 am

Hi William,

I tried swapping all the motors connections around etc but no luck. I even tried a new driver board with no luck.

I did get a motors to work properly after I pressed the failsafe on the LCD. Each time I move a motor I need to press failsafe. The LCD also sowed hit endstop.

When I start the machine the X, Y maybe Z show a location on the LCD of 0, I have a BL Touch on the machine so the offset is different.

I have tried reflashing bit again no luck.

Any thoughts?

Robert

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:22 am

Post by 156801 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:35 am

Update
Machine all working some problem with firmware and computer not talking to printer so installed laptop as smoepone ? error.

All working now.

thanks for the help.

Robert