Motors disable while heating + bad quality *FIXED POST 4*

tomservo

Motors disable while heating + bad quality *FIXED POST 4*

Post by tomservo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:13 am

******UPDATE AND FIX HERE: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=19369 ******

Hello, I have been having an issue with my Geeetech G2S where it autohomes before heating, then while heating the motors all disable and it falls, then does not autohome again before trying to print. This obviously has caused damage to many components (I've replaced just about every part on this printer because it arrived with dozens of broken parts or parts that just do not work properly).

I edited start gcode but it always runs before heating, no matter what I add. If I try to add start gcode for the autohome to wait for extruder and bed temps, it just never heats at all.

My current work-arounds are to directly edit gcode files and print from SD (not ideal), or heat the system manually before starting a print (less annoying, but still not ideal). I have 3 other 3d printers running and I generally use OctoPrint for each printer, so I do not like that this is the only printer I must manually control. Very annoying.

Could use some help! Thanks!
Last edited by tomservo on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: Motors disable while heating

Post by William » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:47 am

Hi,First,have you checked the assembly of the machine?Please double check it according to Assembly manual.
Secondly,perhaps your firmware also have some problems,and you can find the lastest one to reinstall it in the following link:viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17046.
Lastly,If above measures don't work,please send some video and pictures about your problem as much detail as possible to help solve it better.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

tomservo

Post by tomservo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:13 am

Thank you for your response William, however that is the firmware that I am using. I tried downloading it (for the fourth time) and loading it again, and even trying the G2 firmware and other companies' variations onto the machine just for troubleshooting the heating and motor issues, but nothing has helped. With the stock firmware back on it, the print quality is back to abysmal-- I mean the extruders are horrible to begin with so I've since replaced them with metal ones that actually, ya know, work, and it improved print quality quite a bit, but it's never printed half as good as any of the other printers my company is running. I guess this is why people should buy from their own country-- when you get a trash unit you can just return it. Now I'm stuck with a few hundred dollar brick that I had to invest the same amount in replacement parts as the machine itself cost.

Ready to toss it off a bridge onto the CEOs car as he drives under.

tomservo

Post by tomservo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:21 am

Hello all! After much tinkering, reworking, testing, and angry, angry nights, I have finally produced a firmware that doesn't COMPLETELY SUCK.

The motors no longer disable while heating, or after a print is finished (therefore crashing down on your print and ruining it), and the quality is MUCH improved. While still not up to par of the other printers I have running, you can see the difference below:
Keep in mind these prints are after upgraded metal extruders, nozzles, and thread seal applied to every threaded item. Before these mods, the prints were EVEN WORSE.
STOCK FIRMWARE:

TOM SERVO v0.1 FIRMWARE:

COMPARISON:

**FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD**

V0.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01gNc ... sp=sharing

William
Site Admin

Re: Motors disable while heating + bad quality *FIXED POST 4

Post by William » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Congratulations, thank you for your selfless sharing :D .
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!