Acrylic i3 Pro B PSU Short Circuit

guillaume

Acrylic i3 Pro B PSU Short Circuit

Post by guillaume » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:12 am

Hi
I finished assembling my printer, and when flipping the power switch on, the electricity in my whole house goes off. (Recent house with good installation)
I checked the wiring on the PSU, the Switch is on 220V as expected,I disconnected the motherboard from the PSU, but same problem...
Any idea what I could have done wrong?
Thanks

William
Site Admin

Re: Acrylic i3 Pro B PSU Short Circuit

Post by William » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi,have you checked the DC output voltage of the PSU with multimeter?It should be 12V when it's normal.And could you post some pictures when the PSU's power is on?
7292.png
7292.png (133.03 KiB) Viewed 8110 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

guillaume

Post by guillaume » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, as the power goes down in my house as soon as I turn the PSU On, I can't measure anything nor see the PSU On.
I'm going to get a new PSU, it seems unavoidable.

Cheers

Soadyheid

Post by Soadyheid » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:16 am

Are you sure the main electricity feed is wired in correctly? It connects to the left hand three connectors on the PSU, Live (brown), Neutral (blue) and Earth (Green/yellow) assuming European colour code. If you mix up the earth and neutral and your new house is fitted with an earth leakage trip it would kill the power to the house.

If you have a multimeter you could also check that live and neutral are not shorted to the case which should be connected to the earth.
Note: this is done without power to the PSU!! The multimeter is used on the Ohms (resistance) ranges where the battery within the meter provides the power to check for short or open circuits.

Play Bonny!

Soadyheid

guillaume

Post by guillaume » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:57 am

Hi, I checked the wiring again, it is correct.
Following your advice, I tested with a multimeter, but no short circuit in the wiring to the PSU (power cord included) and the case is only wired to the earth wire, so everything seems fine outside ouf the PSU.
Thanks anyway, I apppreciate it.