MeCreator 2 not working?

HowKudYou

MeCreator 2 not working?

Post by HowKudYou » Wed May 24, 2017 4:00 am

Hello!
I recently bought myself a MeCreator 2 and tried to set it up, but I can't print anything. I've calibrated everything, but when I try to print something from my pc, the LCD display shows something different, but the printer doesn't print anything. When I try to move the Extruder from Easy Print, it won't move. I've also tried to print something from an SD card and preheated the bed and PLA, but when I select the gcode file, the temperature goes back to 0 Degrees and it's not moving. The time isn't increasing either. By the way, I can move the extruder from the LCD display. Does anyone have an Idea what I did wrong?

William
Site Admin

Re: MeCreator 2 not working?

Post by William » Wed May 24, 2017 8:52 am

HowKudYou wrote:Hello!
I recently bought myself a MeCreator 2 and tried to set it up, but I can't print anything. I've calibrated everything, but when I try to print something from my pc, the LCD display shows something different, but the printer doesn't print anything. When I try to move the Extruder from Easy Print, it won't move. I've also tried to print something from an SD card and preheated the bed and PLA, but when I select the gcode file, the temperature goes back to 0 Degrees and it's not moving. The time isn't increasing either. By the way, I can move the extruder from the LCD display. Does anyone have an Idea what I did wrong?
Hi,firstly,I suggest you to upgrade the firmware with EasyPrint 3D software.Here is the instructional video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8lk-Hb ... pqufTgHOgE.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

HowKudYou

Post by HowKudYou » Wed May 24, 2017 10:02 pm

William wrote:
HowKudYou wrote:Hello!
Hi,firstly,I suggest you to upgrade the firmware with EasyPrint 3D software.Here is the instructional video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8lk-Hb ... pqufTgHOgE.
I can now run a job from my PC on the printer, but the Extruder just keeps staying in the top right corner of the buildplate. The LCD Display is flashing and the printer thinks it has finished the print very quickly. Since the Extruder doesn't move, it just prints a straight line. I can post a video, if that would help?
Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu May 25, 2017 9:10 am

Hi,where is your video?

HowKudYou

Post by HowKudYou » Thu May 25, 2017 9:48 pm

William wrote:Hi,where is your video?
Here: https://youtu.be/k3W1oM284CA

zlyna123

Post by zlyna123 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:30 am

go on the lcd and go to ''control' and then press the ''Restore Failsafe''

and then try to home it. and post a picture of what the lcd says when its homed

HowKudYou

Post by HowKudYou » Fri May 26, 2017 6:43 am

zlyna123 wrote:go on the lcd and go to ''control' and then press the ''Restore Failsafe''

and then try to home it. and post a picture of what the lcd says when its homed
Here is the picture
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2017-05-26 at 00.42.29.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-05-26 at 00.42.29.jpeg (58.61 KiB) Viewed 14370 times

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri May 26, 2017 9:44 am

After watcing this video,I think you can increase the A4988's voltage of the X-axis and Y-axis to make the extruder move.To do that,you need to disassemble the bottom plate and test it for several time when power's on.

zlyna123

Post by zlyna123 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:22 pm

I would say just try to run a print after you have "restored failsafe" and see what happens. I had the same problem.

And btw if this works, and you want to center the printa on the build plate, u just move the x-axis to 10. The y-axis to 0 and the z-axis to 0. And then press set home offsetts in the menu. U will hear a loud beep. And then the next time u print it will be centered