Filament doesn't sticks on bed Prusa i3 X

Lord_benfe

Filament doesn't sticks on bed Prusa i3 X

Post by Lord_benfe » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:59 pm

Hello everybody, as I said in the title, the filement doesn't attach on the bed when the printer start to prints; I have alse noticed that the filement comes out very slovely... can someone help me? Thanks.

Elektroboy

Re: Filament doesn't sticks on bed Prusa i3 X

Post by Elektroboy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:33 pm

hi. i have the acrylic pro b so dont know if its the same.

after trying aluminium sheet, and blue painters tape (which worked ok) i found the best solution is a glass bed with white glue (pritt stick) smeared on it. the glass stays relatively flat so no bending. most importantly, level the bed correctly, and make your initial layer about .2. if the gap between nozzle and bed is too great, or your layer is too thin, it will not push onto the bed.

regarding the extrusion rate, you need to calibrate the extruder, so it feeds 50mm when you set it to extrude 50mm. on mine i can adjust the steps per mm in the lcd control menu. you may need to up the rate on yours in the firmware?

hoe this helps

Minihawk

Post by Minihawk » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:42 am

I use the glass-bed with a very strong hairspray to get things fixed to the bed. Does work for almost anything i have printed yet.

Best is to apply the hairspray short before starting the print job, so heat your bed and head (i use 180 degrees preheat nozzle and 60 degrees bed), then apply the hairspray, start to print from sd-card.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:37 am

-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Minihawk

Post by Minihawk » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:16 pm

When printing directly on the glass-plate, it is somehow hard to get the leveling done. It is easy if you print things that do not cover the complete area in x and y axis, but it gets hard when you want to use almost the maximum print size.
When the distance of the nozzle is too short, your extruder starts to "click" cause the stepper motor is blocked, the first layer is too thin at these points. When the distance is too big, the material does not glue to the surface and is sticked to the nozzle or is been removed at the next time the nozzle gets in to this region,

My glass plate seems to be higher in the mid area, so printing small things does work well, but the material does not stick on it when reaching the borders.