Prusa i3 Pro B Z axis unsynch in moving anti-clockwise

klow3303

Prusa i3 Pro B Z axis unsynch in moving anti-clockwise

Post by klow3303 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi all

I am facing an issue where the Geeetech Prusa i3 Pro B does not move correctly. I realised this after the assembly where the z-axis does not move at all. Thereafter I removed the threaded rods and troubleshoot part by part.

First I removed the couplings and used the control panel to move the Z step motor in both directions -> both work fine (however, I realised that anti-clockwise direction is 'stronger' than clockwise direction.

Secondly, I added coupling on left motor and moved Z-step motor in both directions -> work fine again

Then, I added coupling on right motor -> it seems that anti-clockwise direction is smooth, however clockwise direction is 'stuck' -- it can only move in one direction

Then, I removed coupling on left motor -> now the right coupling works fine

Could you please share with me on what are the possible reasons and how to fix this? I have been spending a lot of time to troubleshoot this.

Thanks

bang

Re: Prusa i3 Pro B Z axis unsynch in moving anti-clockwise

Post by bang » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi,
Did you fix it?
I guess it is the driver A4988 for Z motor has no sufficient driver voltage and you can try increase it to take a look.

PrinterHacker

Post by PrinterHacker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:36 pm

I had similar problem. I installed new version of firmware. Then everything worked OK.

dantap

Post by dantap » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi PrinterHacker,

looks like I have the same problem just after the main build. Could you please post the link from where to get the firmware you used?

Thanks a lot

PrinterHacker

Post by PrinterHacker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:17 pm

Send an email to Geeetech to send firmware file. They will send you a folder containing all the files you need to install the firmware "Marlin-PI3_Pro_B". Do not change anything in the firmware files. There is also marlin firmware on the GitHub. I will not use it as it needs lot of tweaking and may not work. Geeetech have configured this file to suit their printers and made it available for their users on their web site. You need Arduino IDE software to install the firmware. If you are not familiar with Arduino system please follow the instruction of all the steps to install the firmware on this forum. I understand Geeetech have new program "Easyprint" to install the firmware. I have not tried it but worth trying. Good luck.