X Axis motor is reversed and Z Axis wont go down.

MR_MDX

X Axis motor is reversed and Z Axis wont go down.

Post by MR_MDX » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm

I have a GeeeTech I3 Prusa Pro B. it has a GT2560 board and my X Axis is reversed so when i tell it to go home it goes the opiste way of the stop and i need to know how to fix it. my Z Axis on the other hand when i manualy move it up from computer it goes p but then will not go down. have looked through forum and have not found help. Please help me. Thank You. 12/29/16.

bazatone

Re: X Axis motor is reversed and Z Axis wont go down.

Post by bazatone » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi, I have a similar problem with my just finished Pro B 2560 and spent two days on the internet looking for info. The home "Y" and Home "X" both move away from the limit switches and hit the frame with vibrating motors but if I hand press the switches during this, the movement stops. The switches don't work at all when X or Y are moving in the correct towards them using Repetier Host Manual move arrows. The "Z" axis works fine and does a little bounce at the bottom, but "Z" doesn't show up as an option when working direct from the LCD under "Move". Totally lost now, I'm sure it's something simple?

MR_MDX

Post by MR_MDX » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:41 pm

in the firmware which you can modify in arduino has a true and a false for the min and max actions from the switches you will need to flip

bazatone

Post by bazatone » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Thanks for that. I had already tried to do that but I think I'd downloaded the wrong firmware. The construction videos are excellent for the build but some details about the right Firmware, the procedures for modifying and a positive identification of the board supplied would have saved me three days trolling. I didn't know exactly which of the many boards I had and I still don't know what Ramps is or if I have it. Now that I've downloaded the right Arduino file all axes work correctly, one limit switch is working poorly and I will replace but now I can enter the next phase of calibration with my fingers crossed. Thanks again for your response.

pat51

Post by pat51 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Hello
First happy new year
I've still starting with geeetech prusa i3 pro b
I have the same problem : When I put in "auto home" axe X goes to the opposite side ( not to the micro switch
So you wrote to put false to true to change axes mvt
Sorry, I'm rooky
but where can we change those values
In the logiciel Repieter or ????
thanks for your answer
regards
Pat

bazatone

Post by bazatone » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:26 am

Hi pat51,
I am new to this as well and spent days searching for the answer. this is what I did to fix the X and Y axis direction.
open Arduino software and load Marlin application Sketch.
Reprap firmware based on Sprinter and grbl.
Copyright (C) 2011 Camiel Gubbels / Erik van der Zalm

Open tab "Configuration.h"
scroll down to "Mechanical settings"
set these two lines:
#define INVERT_X_DIR true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true
these control the homing direction of the axis

You then click on the tick on the top bar and the sketch is tested. If this all works, connect the printer via usb and power up.
Click the arrow next to the tick and wait until the arrow goes from yellow to green. The printer now has the new instruction set and should work in the correct direction. ( make sure you only alter those two entries as I don't know what all the others do!)

bang

Post by bang » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:16 am

pat51 wrote:Hello
First happy new year
I've still starting with geeetech prusa i3 pro b
I have the same problem : When I put in "auto home" axe X goes to the opposite side ( not to the micro switch
So you wrote to put false to true to change axes mvt
Sorry, I'm rooky
but where can we change those values
In the logiciel Repieter or ????
thanks for your answer
regards
Pat
Hi,Pat
The X endstop is on the left,so the motor should move to left to hit the X endstop.Therefore,your X motor has a wrong direction,you can modify it in the firmware:
1)Download the firmware for your printer and reflash the firmware again:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17046
2)Upload the firmware again after that by referring this post:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=17181
If the direction is still wrong:
3)Refer to the following post to modify the wrong direction:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 17&t=17037
Then repeat the step 2.

pat51

Post by pat51 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Hello Bang
first great thanks for your help
I review all cables and with bad origine card view
now, "Auto Home" function well
Great thanks

I tried a first printing part
the mouvements are OK but nothing goes out from the extruder?????
I go to manual mouvement nothing
I verify that temperature beld and nose are ok but nothing goes out from the nose :-/
Is there something to see for the first use about the nose extruder???
( I insure that pla is well put inside) but nothing
If you have an idea????
Do I have to see is nose extruder is not closed??
thanks
Pat

bazatone

Post by bazatone » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi Pat51,
I had the same problem. eventually I removed the extruder fan and the heat sink to look at the feed. I discovered that instead of going down into the extruder nozzle, the filament had curled around the idler wheel and then just jammed. The stepper gear was turning but couldn't move the filament. If the filament is curly then make sure it curves to the front when inserting and only move the release lever a tiny bit or it may force filament around the idler again. Hope this helps.