rostock 301 filament extrusion too hard

Lami René

Re: rostock 301 filament extrusion too hard

Post by Lami René » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:56 am

Bonjour,

J'ai déjà commandé une Geeetech Rostock 301 avec un 3DTouch. Est-ce un problème de conception de la buse chauffante ou est-ce un problème qui est maintenant réglé ?
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177

l.m.frissen

Post by l.m.frissen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:35 am

Hello raoulito9,

I have had the same problem with my Prusa i3 of geeetech.
The rostock and Prusa of geeetech share the same extruder.

My solution was to modify the cold end
I added a screw and cut off some plastic since the bearing couldn't get closer to the toothed wheel.
In the picture you can see in the red circle where i cut away some of the plastic.
Attachments
extruder mod.jpg
extruder mod.jpg (69.62 KiB) Viewed 14974 times

raoulito9

Post by raoulito9 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:02 am

Hi IM Frissen

My problem is addressed.
I bough some serious metal extruders from banggood, for 6$ each, and they just... work as expected.
No more skidding, and there is a screw , as you installed it, to give more or less force to the spring...
thank you for your photo.

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:16 am

Bonjour,

J'ai les mêmes problèmes avec mes trois extrudeurs et beaucoup d'autres problèmes.

Vois mon "Geeetech Rostock 301 - Historique de l'ami René" du forum Geeetech :

http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 22&t=18495

Cordialement,

L'ami René

tuskman

Post by tuskman » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:09 am

Hi everyone, I like you also buy the Geeetech Rostock 301. As they comment this printer has serious problems with the engines: As suggested Raoulito9 update the aluminum kit for the 3 extruders. And firmware to 1.0.0.2
1. The axle motors lose steps with speeds above 20 mm / s and only with vref 0,85 can achieve continuous steps. (Between 15 and 20 mm / s)
2. The extruder motors do not push enough (I currently have them at 0.95 vref) and the extruded amount is very low.
3. the lcd turns off and goes blank during printing. (Continue printing until the end).
4. When combining colors drain over the piece with very bad finishes.
5. The hairs are considered to be due to the fact that the filament fluids are not due and that uni-directed layer ventilation
5. In my case, I print miniatures and these extrusion problems have favored high quality printing (due to low material flow) and I have been able to print PLA 210 degrees with maximum quality at 60 microns, 80 microns, 100 microns Of height of layer but with very low speeds. Above 200 microns it is impossible to print successfully. These tests were made considering that in the specifications of the printer says that its minimum height for z is 50 microns.

I think the printer definitely has design errors and especially in its closed source firmware.

Greetings.

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:32 am

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your feedback!

This is discouraging because nobody has a good impression with the standard hardware and software configurations for this wonderful 3D color printer.

To recap, here are the official specifications of Geeetech:

Print technology: FDM
Build volume: cylindrical, D: 170mm, H: 230mm
Printing precision:0.1mm
Positioning precision:0.05mm
Printing Speed: 80-120mm/s
Filament diameter: 1.75mm
Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm
Filament type: ABS/PLA
Software:
Operating system: Windows/Mac/Linux

Cordially,

Friend René

Bama3d

Post by Bama3d » Sat May 13, 2017 7:27 am

I have the same issue. However I have been emailing support for days with only one response which had nothing to do with any of the issues I am having.

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Sat May 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Hello Bama3d,
Bonjour Bama3d,

You can find the original text translated into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte originale en français.

Geeetech offre un très mauvais service après-vente, mais il ne faut pas jouer leur jeu et abandonner, bien au contraire il faut les harceler jusqu'à ce qu'ils répondent correctement et complètement aux problèmes de leurs produits et leur faire de la mauvaise publicité. C'est ce que moi je fais temps que l'imprimante 3D ne fonctionnera pas correctement et selon les caractéristiques et performances annoncées ! J'ai commandé mon imprimante Geeetech Rostock 301 le 24 septembre 2016 et je n'ai toujours rien imprimé correctement avec cette imprimante, mais hier, j'ai finalement reçu gratuitement 3 pinces en aluminium avec ressort renforcé et ajustable en tension pour remplacer les pinces faibles en plastique. Je testerai dans les semaines qui viennent, je suis occupé présentement...

Cordialement,

L'ami René
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello Bama3d,

Excuse me, I am unilingual francophone and I use Google translator to translate the texts of the forum in French and to write to you in English. Thank you for your understanding and your indulgence for these texts translated mechanically!

Geeetech offre un très mauvais service après-vente, mais il ne faut pas jouer leur jeu et abandonner, bien au contraire il faut les harceler jusqu'à ce qu'ils répondent correctement et complètement aux problèmes de leurs produits et leur faire de la mauvaise publicité. C'est ce que moi je fais temps que l'imprimante 3D ne fonctionnera pas correctement et selon les caractéristiques et performances annoncées ! J'ai commandé mon imprimante Geeetech Rostock 301 le 24 septembre 2016 et je n'ai toujours rien imprimé correctement avec cette imprimante, mais hier, j'ai finalement reçu gratuitement 3 pinces en aluminium avec ressort renforcé et ajustable en tension pour remplacer les pinces faibles en plastique. Je testerai dans les semaines qui viennent, je suis occupé présentement...

Cordially,

Friend René

Bama3d

Post by Bama3d » Sun May 14, 2017 12:03 am

Oh yes, and I am not the guy they want giving them bad press. I demonstrate printers all the time and have something of a fallowing. I am building a mobile 24" custom trailer and filling it with printers. I will be traveling and demonstrating the technology around the US at schools and other shows. I am trying to be reasonable but am about to be at my wits end. If they do not address my issues and solve the problems I will be doing a product review they will not like. I will spend the next few years warning people about the poor after sales care and doing all I can to cost them business.

With all this said I normally am not like this. I try to be very reasonable and work with people were possible. But I am fed up with the situation.

My M301 has horrible glitches and nothing seams to help. The LCD locks up and you have to reset the printer to correct it. And so far tech support has been worthless. I have finally started receiving responses but I have to wonder if they even read my emails before responding. because for the most part they haven't addressed any issue i have. And most responses have made little sense and the things I am told to do have nothing to do with the problems,.

Good luck and I hope they get your problems resolved.

Bama3d

Post by Bama3d » Mon May 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Well as it stands I am again not receiving responses from tech support. I attempted to get a partial refund for replacement of the feeders but it appears they feel my request unreasonable. It is currently noon in China and if by five PM China time I have not received some response with appropriate action to attempt resolution of the problems. I will be demanding a full refund and shipping costs if they wAnt the printer returned. Otherwise I will gladly chunk it in the trash.